Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

Pics
I figured that last hen was wearing a toupee.

lol.png
Hers looks more like an unbearded Silkie's crest.
I also like to see a little more color on the rooster, but he looks pretty good otherwise.

Will the size of the crest be addressed in the standard? I'd like to know if the breeder is intentionally trying to breed to a larger crest or is that one hen just a fluke?

Please, for the love of God, do not have us aiming for a giant obnoxious sized crest.
cool.png
I am quite fond of the small crests, where you can tell there's a crest but it's not obsurdly large.

My two boys, one has 6 points and one has 7...

Crest: Small, tufted, affixed above the eyes at the forefront of the skull with feathers narrow that extend back towards the blade of the comb. (Please, there’s a need for a lot of comments on how to describe the crest, both male and female).

I agree, these crests look a bit awkward to me. JMO
Yes, describing the crests are going to be fun (challenging)! Yeah, I'm home again. When I'm settled today or tomorrow, I'll post photos and language review on the pullets (language post 496). We've gained a lot on understanding the male form. Thank-you everyone who reviewed the language! Terrific job!

Out of curiosity, what are the various color terms for the colors (good and not-so-good) on the Cream Legbar?
So far I've encountered these:

cream -- warm white
silver -- white white
gold -- yellow-brown
salmon -- softened, muted reddish-brown
chestnut -- reddish-brown
autosomal red -- reddish-brown

Are chestnut and autosomal red the same thing?

In this picture you can see the two different reddish-browns showing up on my young cockerel. While similar here, they are distinctly different from each other in real life. How would you describe these two colors? Or are they considered the same thing?

Corrections and your thoughts welcome. :)

Out of curiosity, what are the various color terms for the colors (good and not-so-good) on the Cream Legbar?
So far I've encountered these:

cream -- warm white
silver -- white white
gold -- yellow-brown
salmon -- softened, muted reddish-brown
chestnut -- reddish-brown
autosomal red -- reddish-brown

Are chestnut and autosomal red the same thing?

In this picture you can see the two different reddish-browns showing up on my young cockerel. While similar here, they are distinctly different from each other in real life. How would you describe these two colors? Or are they considered the same thing?

Corrections and your thoughts welcome. :)

So far I think autosomal red is the darker color that shows up in the shoulders. I'm not sure if the golden reddish color towards the tail is gold or chestnut. Jett is a beautiful pullet by the way!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom