Cream Legbars

I have been thinking about figuring out a system that would track the hen's activity including when they are in the nest and if they lay and egg, what time it was etc. Maybe using RFID at the threshold of the nest boxes. Hubby is a propeller head and said he would wire up the coop to monitor temp and humidity remotely calling it the chicken.net. Of course he hasn't doen anything so I am adding on to the needs of my hens :)

I was thinking if I could convince him that there are other people that would use a chicken monitoring network (not video, but something that would actually track and monitor the chickens and give me data) that he might be more inspired to work on it.
Anyone else interested in a robust monitoring system for their Cream Legbars?

That's a good idea!

I've read where people put up wild game cameras, that sense motion and takes photos/video, at the nesting boxes.

I have one that I hatched from someone elses eggs. Turned out opposite of what her others look like that are this cross. My has baring like an legbar and lays white eggs. I will take of pic of her tonight and post it
No Possible,

Why? first, Legbars are homozygous for the Blue egg gene and mendelian laws dictate that each progeny will inherit one copy of the blue egg shell gene, second the white leghorns carry homozygous dominant white and even one copy will make them mostly white, so its highly unlikely that the bird you mentioned has a Legbar or white leghorn as parents

I have been thinking about figuring out a system that would track the hen's activity including when they are in the nest and if they lay and egg, what time it was etc. Maybe using RFID at the threshold of the nest boxes. Hubby is a propeller head and said he would wire up the coop to monitor temp and humidity remotely calling it the chicken.net. Of course he hasn't doen anything so I am adding on to the needs of my hens :)

I was thinking if I could convince him that there are other people that would use a chicken monitoring network (not video, but something that would actually track and monitor the chickens and give me data) that he might be more inspired to work on it.
Anyone else interested in a robust monitoring system for their Cream Legbars?

I would if I could affored it.

Back
Top Bottom