Cream Legbars

I received three bielefelder pullets one roo five creamlegbar pullets four sweedish flowerhens and they sent five i sbars i think by accident iwas so happy with greenfire farms they were fantastic and the birds are super healthy does anybody have bielefelders how are they producing thamks

I received a flock from greenfire farms of bielfelders and they are very healthy I had a great experience with them too! I wish I had some cream legbars. But maybe someday... I wanted the bielfelders for the extra large eggs and their mellow disposition. I had a cream legbar pair from another breeder and I lost the pullet last night almost three weeks old:( have no idea why.

Last edited:
I received a flock from greenfire farms of bielfelders and they are very healthy I had a great experience with them too! I wish I had some cream legbars. But maybe someday... I wanted the bielfelders for the extra large eggs and their mellow disposition. I had a pair from another breeder an I lost the pullet last night almost three weeks old:( have no idea why.

im sorry for ur loss

A few more pics of my boys. Feel free to offer any opinions as I really can't keep all 3 ( realizing that these arent great pics for evaluating, but if you see anything good or bad let me know!)

Last edited:
Looks to me like both #1 and #2 Have 6-points on their combs. #1, a tail angle that looks at 45-degrees or very close.... number 3-can't tell crest but it looks bigger crested than the other two. looks like nice yellow legs/feet on #2 and #3. The white wing triangle on #1 would be very attractive to some folks- there was a thought at one time that this was an indicator of cream - but I think it has since been disproven as inaccurate.

Of the three---I would sell or give or process #3 first. Most likely I would keep and grow out #2. It looks to me as if he will have a better comb in adulthood, he looks like an intelligent mellow little guy. Depending upon what is most important to you right now, comb, crest, size etc. -- factor those in as you select. Look for symmetrical crest and comb, nice clear yellow feet and legs, room for the comb to grown in - coloration if you are working on that and size -- -

good luck with your choices...hope you get other evaluations so you have a LOT of food for thought.

frow.gif

thank you i will check it out
Hi Roo007-
Welcome to BYC and the Cream Legbar thread. Hope you also have some Cream Legbars - or plan to get some. I'm a great fan of Greenfire Farms....if it weren't for them I wouldn't have Cream Legbars or Isbars...so I really owe them the fact that I have access to my two favorite breeds of chicken. Glad that you had a good experience getting your chickens. Good luck with finding more information on your breed.

Thank you i did get five cream legbar pullets they are beautiful four have a crest and one doesnt they also sent me five isbars that i didnt expect two blue three black i also ordered and received four sfh so my flock is really cool . What do you think of the mix

Back
Top Bottom