Cream Legbars

Nice cockerels.
thumbsup.gif

Thank you!

Any critique on them?

I have 7 growing out and these 2 are my favorite so far.

By your description I was picturing like really floppy like a leghorn hen. It doesn't look too bad, I wouldn't worry about his comb just yet. Hes very young and as he grows it may go more upright. It could get more floppy if the comb gets too large though. I like him so far.

@chicken pickin they are both very nice. Hard to tell which one will be better. All else being equal, I would go with the boy with the smaller overall comb. I think the other one is going to end up flopping from being overlarge. I can't tell very well from the pictures, do they have the same leg spread? They posted an old illustration on the Marans Chicken Club of America today on FB. Also their tail angle isn't set yet, I find it changes way up until about 1 year old, so you can't really evaluate that yet. But I feel either one would be a very good place to start for any breeder!

@chicken pickin they are both very nice. Hard to tell which one will be better. All else being equal, I would go with the boy with the smaller overall comb. I think the other one is going to end up flopping from being overlarge. I can't tell very well from the pictures, do they have the same leg spread? They posted an old illustration on the Marans Chicken Club of America today on FB. Also their tail angle isn't set yet, I find it changes way up until about 1 year old, so you can't really evaluate that yet. But I feel either one would be a very good place to start for any breeder!

Thank You! I have been considering keeping them both for 2 separate pens.

I believe both of their leg spread is the same
Here is number 1 as straight on as I could get him

Back
Top Bottom