Cream Legbars

2 month old Rees line cockerel....
cute chick -- love your avatar - cracks me up!!
gig.gif

She seems small to me but of course she is in this pen with these big buff orps and Delawares so its a little hard for me to tell
Definitely would seem small next to an Orp -- I was helping a friend with an Orp rooster the other day -- and he weighed about 15-pounds...that is like 2 to 2 1/2 times the CL size. Do you have a scale ?

STANDARD WEIGHTS
Cock…………………………7 lbs. Hens…………………………6 lbs.

Cockerel……………………..6 lbs. Pullet…………………………4 lbs.
Don't think that those are the norms - but a 3.5 to 4 pound pullet is a real normal size and 5 to 5.5 hen would probably be very representative.

Quote:
Cockerel……………………..6 lbs. Pullet…………………………4 lbs.
Don't think that those are the norms - but a 3.5 to 4 pound pullet is a real normal size and 5 to 5.5 hen would probably be very representative.

Thanks for the standard weights. They certainly seem small compared to my Large Fowl Cochins. Ha ha ha! They're only two pens over, but the size difference is quite impressive. It's funny how two types of large fowl birds can be so different in size.

Thanks for the standard weights. They certainly seem small compared to my Large Fowl Cochins. Ha ha ha! They're only two pens over, but the size difference is quite impressive. It's funny how two types of large fowl birds can be so different in size.
I think CLB are classified as Light Fowl actually

Tried to get some pictures today, but they sure don't make it easy. They seemed to mesh well with the rest of the flock. Tonight was their first night momma hen slept in the coop and not a tree, the roo Thor seems to prefer the trees. The little guy was a bonus, I assume he is about eight weeks or so.

Back
Top Bottom