Cream Legbars

Welcome to the fun!
clap.gif
X2 congratulations on your legbars! Thanks for posting pictures-- is that a chicken swing that I see? ;O)

I know this isn't really linked but oh Well!

My Araucana Selma at the grand age of 44 weeks, finally quit the holding out club and laid a beautiful turquoise egg, it's so beautiful, as we all know blue eggs as hard to photograph and this photo doesn't do it justice - it looks green rather than turquoise. I'm sooo happy
big_smile.png
Now peggy needs to quit the club too.
wee.gif
yesss.gif
ya.gif

congrats! nice saturation that's for sure!

I know this isn't really linked but oh Well!

My Araucana Selma at the grand age of 44 weeks, finally quit the holding out club and laid a beautiful turquoise egg, it's so beautiful, as we all know blue eggs as hard to photograph and this photo doesn't do it justice - it looks green rather than turquoise. I'm sooo happy
big_smile.png
Now peggy needs to quit the club too.
wee.gif
yesss.gif
ya.gif

That is one gorgeous egg!!! I would be ecstatic if my future girls lay any like that! My favorite color. Congrats!

X2 congratulations on your legbars! Thanks for posting pictures-- is that a chicken swing that I see? ;O)
Ah yes, the chicken swing
roll.png
For some reason I thought it was a good idea. Chickens hate it! I'm going to have to fix that this weekend, when I have some daylight to work by. I have five chickens who keep sleeping on top of their nesting boxes, even though I am pretty sure I have plenty of roosting limbs up. I hope to fix the problem this weekend. I think I need to make the top of their nesting boxes angled so they can't sleep up there anymore!

Earlier this week I discovered one of my Cream Legbar pullets was actually a cockerel. The guy I bought them from gave me another pullet (1 week old) and admitted that this isn't the first time this has happened and is concerned that he might have a problem with his autosexing and gave me 2 additional chicks for free that he though could be pullets but is concerned they're cockerels. He asked for an update when I knew if they were actually cockerels or pullets. What are you guesses? Chick #1 side view/ top view Chick #2 side/top view Chick #3 side/top view Chicks all have have pale dots and chipmunk strips...but #2 has more divined barring on head and eyes. My guess is that #1 and #3 are actually cockerels. How can he get better autosexing, isolating hens until he finds which one is laying the confusing chicks?
I would definitely assume those were all pullets from the pics. Yes, the breeder should be marking eggs by hen and hatching in baskets or another such meathod to be able to mark chicks at hatch. Then they can identify the confusing birds later by their mark and trace it back to their mother and father. If multiple roosters are being used, the birds should be paired and records kept to test both parents. I like to use little rubber bands, change to larger sizes as they grow, and toe punching to mark chicks.

Back
Top Bottom