Cream Legbars

necropsies are never "a waste" I had 2 of my dogs necropsied in the past year and got some answers we did not at all expect with both. Without the necropsy we would have stuck with our initial assumptions which WERE supported by blood tests, just wrong

Finally got some decent picture of the birds. Yesterday was their first time outside and boy were they funny. Again id love to hear what you guys think of these three. I've gotten very little feedback on them so I'm always happy to hear what your thoughts are. They are 10 weeks old. And I apologize in advance for the major photo dump.

Finally got some decent picture of the birds. Yesterday was their first time outside and boy were they funny. Again id love to hear what you guys think of these three. I've gotten very little feedback on them so I'm always happy to hear what your thoughts are. They are 10 weeks old. And I apologize in advance for the major photo dump.

feedback,,, here it comes.. Nice looking birds.

necropsies are never "a waste" I had 2 of my dogs necropsied in the past year and got some answers we did not at all expect with both. Without the necropsy we would have stuck with our initial assumptions which WERE supported by blood tests, just wrong

Necropsies for dogs/cats is a bit different from chickens. With chickens the results might, for instance, show cancers, lesions, or tumors, yet the final will be inconclusive for what the cause was with "suspected cause" sometimes not even stated. They just show the results of what they find inside the chicken sometimes without really knowing what the cause was. That's why the University closest to us wants a live sick chicken to monitor as it dies and then do a necropsy afterwards. I just don't want to give my pets up to suffer alone in such a cold environment. On my folks' working farm sick poultry was never worth the expense but times were simpler then and farms a great deal of distances from each other and there seemed more disease resistance and less contagion. However, I can see the value of trying every test possible if suddenly all my birds were sick in a short time and dying from the same outward symptoms. I'm not knocking necropsies but only say in my situation my trusted vet will recommend it if there is something odd. I am so sorry about your dogs. Never easy to lose a loyal and trusting friend that loves you unconditionally
sad.png

10 week old CL cockerels are always so goofy cute looking to me...
big_smile.png

- Ant Farm

He is quite the character. They saw a hawk in that last pic and then booked it back to the coop and then refused to come back out. I guess that's not the worse thing though lol.

He is quite the character. They saw a hawk in that last pic and then booked it back to the coop and then refused to come back out. I guess that's not the worse thing though lol.

Trust me, that's a good thing. My CLs are the most predator savvy of my birds, and first to recognize hawk threat.

It's a very good thing...

- Ant Farm

I finally managed to get some pictures taken so I could post them for opinions.

This is my current boy, Sunny

The next pictures are potential keepers from this spring's hatch. It's the same 2-3 boys in all the pictures. I just couldn't get any perfect shots of them lol

This little one is still young and small but he has the straightest comb of all of them and not bad barring so I'll be watching him but the other two are the main ones I'm keeping an eye on.

This boy here was my "double cream". His barring is very washed out unfortunately so he's not a contender.

so, Sorry for so many pictures but please give me your opinions on all the boys I posted. Even Sunny, if you think I should keep or replace him and what you think of the other boys so far. I have a lot more boys that I didn't even bother to take pictures of. Either their combs are WAY too wavy or their barring is too fuzzy (most of them).

Back
Top Bottom