Creamy pink egg -- which girl could it be?

OScarlet

Songster
6 Years
Jul 30, 2013
at least I think that is the colour, it isn't white and is paler than our brown shop eggs. I think it would be described as pink or pale beige.

Our EE laid our first and second eggs (very blue) and the third appeared late this afternoon.

Possible culprits...

1) Ms Delia Chickadee, SLW. Has been squatting as long as Lydia Fussypants the EE. She has been sitting in the nest tweaking it and keeping the ceramic white (not brown) egg warm and has tried to stare and peck Lydia out of the nest a number of times.
2) Ms Matilda Handbag, australorp. Was caught making a nest when free roaming today. She has been singing an egg song so loud for several days we were convinced she was being carried off by the local racoon biker gang a number of times. She has not been squatting very long though and has not been in the nest box much except this afternoon when she was there by herself
3) Ms Ruby Little, BLRW. Smallest and least dominant hen. Pale pink comb and wattles but has been squatting for a number of days. Not interested in nest until today when she went in and rearranged all Lydia's hard work.
4) Ms Rose Who, our welsummer lady. Probably oldest and biggest hen. Her sisters have apparently been laying some time but she hasn't. Not squatting until this evening. Not singing and mostly uninterested in the nest box although she is curious as to what everyone is doing over there.
5) Ms Hazel McPecky, BO. Not squatting, completely oblivious. Only interested in food.

Who could it be??? Any ideas?

I think you are right. Ms Matilda was seen exiting the crime scene nest box today after a deposit was made.

Delia (SLW) was caught in the act today. They were free ranging and she disappeared for half and hour. I found her under some construction debris in a grass nest with a newly laid egg same size, shape and colour. Now Matilda may also lay today but if not I think it must be Delia.

Back
Top Bottom