Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
There are almost a MILLION posts on BYC (literally).

There is also a TON of great information and wonderful pictures available to the world... the problem is this: It isn't always easy for the world to find the good information quickly.

I just did a search and there are about 672 threads in the "Coop Design" section of BYC with pictures and great content. Well, there are only about 70 BYC coop pages that have submitted by members... what's up with that????

So, in an effort to make it even EASIER to add content to BYC I put together a video to show you how you can easily take what you've already posted in the forum and add it to your BYC page... all you do is copy and paste.

So, if you've made some great forum posts and you have 20 seconds to create a BYC page then you need to watch this video:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/media/wink/mypage-quick.htm

Any questions please post them here!

(If you don't even know what the BYC My Page Tool even is, click here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=2-Personal_Pages )

Awesome Nifty, thanks!! I am nearly finished with my coop.. and as soon as I can get the story of our disaster going, I'll add my coop page for ya.. it will be called, "What NOT to do when building a coop" LOL

Quote:
OK, so I'm in need of some really, really basic info about how all this works- I've never done anything other than read and post messages in the forum.

HOW do our pages help others find info quickly? (And how can we find this info if we're in need of it? My searches just bring up posts, not personal pages...)

WHAT do we do with our pages once we have created them (I've noticed a few members have included links to their pages in their signatures.)?

I have a whole bunch of coop construction and baby chicks as they've grown pictures that I'm getting ready to share - what is the best way to do that - post them to the forum, or to my own page?

You mentioned SUBMITTING pictures for the coop design - that and breed pictures are separate archives that are being kept, right? How do you submit your pictures for either of those?

Thanks in advance for answering all these Q's - you didn't have anything else to do today, right?
big_smile.png

This is great Nifty! You know I'm not real computer literate but this should help me along when I get to the point of adding a coop page. I'm thinking the coop needs to be closer to the 'done' stage before doing a page though. That could be this year or.... in about 20 years.
smile.png

I couldn't ignore the bright red dots at the top of the page and the wonderful help page, so I spent the morning creating my own pages. They aren't anything fancy, but hopefully I have done my share
smile.png

I will have to read more than just the quick tutorial before I try to get colorful and creative!

~Deb

we feel honered to be the page in the toutorial. family was thrilled flattered and shocked! I learned how easy it was to build the page while building the coop....Nifty clued me in on the super cool tool of after you post something into a forum being able to cut and past that onto your page...what a great feature....helped me out tons since we where documenting our coop building in a thread for everyones amusement...lol
this site gets better and better by the day!
thanks

~Tiff~

Back
Top Bottom