CREATE YOUR OWN BREED OF CHICKEN

Pics

Corny Caleb

Songster
5 Years
Jan 25, 2014
NJ
This thread is for people (like me) who like to think-up cool and original hibrid chicken breeds by crossing breeds that already exist. For example... Silver laced polish, and silver phoenix...frizzled. Resulting in a long-tailed crested frizzled!. You can choose up to 3 different chicken breeds. Just type out the features of your "dream bird", and HAVE FUN!

can't blame her,he is a rooster and sometimes roosters have no manners.at my place,every single hen hates a different rooster it it so funny because these hens no my rooster won't bother them because my boys are too small for my hens.
Lol. Poor roosters always getting the blame.
Sometimes hens are just b!tches.

I was going to create giant silkies using brahmas. My Purebred Chinese Silkie roo would be a perfect breeder.
0905181035.jpg
0905181035a.jpg

WOW!! Did they cross nice!! She is definitely not a result that I would expect! You did very, very well to get to that point. All blue type bird which would lay blue eggs too, VERY NICE.

There are times when we need to contribute our best efforts to others and other breeds. And there are times when we have to contribute and nurture to our own spirit of adventure. Not
necessarily what is the "right" thing but, that which makes us happiest and most content inside.

I do not know how old you are but, when I passed fifty years back I realized that very little in life "truly" matters or deserves ,all of the fuss we as humans make of things. What does matter
though, beyond all else, is that we are true to ourselves. Our own nature and life spirit which allows us to breathe and enjoy the world as only we can. To create and leave a life imprint behind for others which is indescribably and indelibly.. us. Life is too short. Make it what your heart would like it to be.

the decision you made back then, was made period. You had your reasons at the time for making it. It is past. Cannot be changed. However, you learned from it right? The crosses you made
taught you. Breeding the Cream Legbars have taught you. With all of this knowledge you are just as close as you were then. You would not have to really start over from block one.
Would it hurt to purchase the Blue Silkie cockerel and some of the Black Cochin pullets? Perhaps reduce the Legbar flock to be able to accommodate the new birds. There is nothing which says you cannot work on both breeds at the same time.. there is nothing which truly restricts you if, this is what your heart longs for and wonders about. Where there is desire, there is always a way. No matter how old we are or how much our bones creak!. :)

I'm working on a blue buff columbian with a rose comb. They'd be heavy birds like the Wyandottes and Orpingtons they're coming from but hopefully will lay as well as our Orpingtons always have since I would be working with:
blrw x buff
blue laced buff x buff.
I don't do meat birds but I love the colors and I do like my heavier birds more than my light ones(that might have to do with the fact that they like me more haha).

I want to cross Batman,my silkie roo,to my adult black sex link and see if I can get a fluffy feathered sex link.or cross my silkie hen baby with Sparta my OEGB rooster and see what I can get

Back
Top Bottom