Creating bantam EE's breeding project (a friends flock)

Hey guys! Quick update. This project is on hold for a little bit longer until we get some warmer days. I think the weather si finally cooperating so hopefully we can try again soon. Hoping we'll get some fertility from the bantams with warmer weather. We just incubated some EE chicks, so we know the girls aren't an issue. We'll have to separate them again, but hopefully in a few more weeks we can get this project back up and running. :)

I have an update! Now that things are warming up, we are finally ready to try the project again. We're trying to figure out how to get them separated, but since we added more birds, we need another pen for them. We have one, just hoping to get it up soon. :D
But! Better yet! I think that we had a slip up baby!
We last inseminated the EE's 4+ weeks ago. A few days ago, we had a batch of EE eggs hatch. We've had the hens in with an EE roo since we stopped trying for bantam EE's.
All of the chicks hatched white or cream in color, except for one. Nyx is her name. She's black, and ever so slightly smaller than the others. Also has black skin which Tiny, the bantam we inseminated with, has as well. I just asked a member about it, and am waiting for clarification, but I feel like we might have one Dutch bantam/EE cross.
This is Nyx, our slip up baby, and the start of an exciting new breeding project! We're back in business! :woot
1649989833544.png

:love:celebrate So cute and TIIIINYYYY! I woulda named it Serendipity!
I love that! Maybe our next, first EE cross chick. :D I love that name!
I'm going to have to post updated photos as she grows to clarify that Tiny is her dad, but so far, I'm thinking he is. Even if not, she's getting us excited and moving towards getting things set up again even faster than before. ☺️ I'll post updates as she grows, the start of our breeding project.

How is n
I love that! Maybe our next, first EE cross chick. :D I love that name!
I'm going to have to post updated photos as she grows to clarify that Tiny is her dad, but so far, I'm thinking he is. Even if not, she's getting us excited and moving towards getting things set up again even faster than before. ☺️ I'll post updates as she grows, the start of our breeding project.
How is nyx doing?

How is n

How is nyx doing?
Very well! Looks like a pullet! I do plan on getting a photo of her next week to see if she could possibly be a bantam cross. She has no bantam characteristics, so even if she isn't she probably wouldn't be a breeder for the project. We are finally getting close to having an area for them. Since we've been adding more breeds to the farm, we haven't had the space to make a separate pen for the EE's for the project. Very soon though! I'm anxious to get it started again. :)

Update: We are finally back at it with this breeding project! After a long wait to find space for a new breeding pen, the hens have been separated for 3 weeks, and the bantam roo, Dutch bantam, is back with the EE hens. They started laying infertile eggs a couple weeks ago, and where hoping that with the warm weather we'll get better fertility, and Tiny can get the job done all by himself this time. ;)

As for Nyx, she has grown up to be a beautiful pullet. If she was a surprise bantam cross, than she didn't inherit the bantam genes from her dad unfortunately. She is still going to be a hen in our EE breeding flock as she is quite beautiful.
Nyx-
IMG_0298.jpg

I’m going to start following this thread! I’m curious to see how your project goes 😍 I hatched three tiny bantam EEs in March and I so wish I knew their cross but the lady wouldn’t tell me haha. They are the sweetest little birds 😍 I’m so happy I got a boy and two girls! I definitely need to keep them around 😍 Such adorable babies too hehe.
54454EA2-C2D7-48B0-9B2E-2B94A24D39F6.jpeg

105D4FD3-882F-4252-8151-D475556DF949.jpeg

I’m going to start following this thread! I’m curious to see how your project goes 😍 I hatched three tiny bantam EEs in March and I so wish I knew their cross but the lady wouldn’t tell me haha. They are the sweetest little birds 😍 I’m so happy I got a boy and two girls! I definitely need to keep them around 😍 Such adorable babies too hehe.
View attachment 3193002
View attachment 3193003
What precious angles!
I’m hoping we can get our first batch of eggs in the bator this week, so that will be very exciting. I’ll update once we do!

Back
Top Bottom