Creative Coop Names

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by navychick, Jun 7, 2011.

1. laseterlass

laseterlass Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    I think I am going with Club Cluck.

2. auntpa-k

auntpa-k Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Vancouver WA
    Quote:Hi, [​IMG]
    Could you post some pics? I have a little tykes I'm working on to make into a coop. [​IMG] Love to see how yours turned out! I'm painting mine pink and trying to put a porch on it. [​IMG] I'll post mine when I get it completed! It's the Playboy Mansion!
    My d'uccle roo is named Hef. [​IMG] He loves his ladies! [​IMG]
    Thanks, [​IMG]
    Paula

3. celticbird

celticbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2011
    silver city
    We have the poultry pueblo. Lol.

4. wvbusdriver

wvbusdriver New Egg

Jun 20, 2011
    I am just starting out too. Just picked up 5 Australorp chicks on Sunday. They will be 3 weeks old this Wednesday. Already planned the coop design from the wonderful index supplied here. The thunderstorms this week have put a damper (no pun intended) on getting started on the build. I haven't even thought of a name for the coop, but there are plenty of good ideas on here. I let my kids name the chicks. [​IMG] Where I live there are predators everywhere. Does anyone have a suggestion on how far away to place the coop from the house. I have 3 acres, 1.5 wooded, and 1 neighbor. thx

5. motoclown

motoclown Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2010
    New Castle, PA
    Coop #1, Coop #2 and Coop #3.....lol

This is Coop #2's sign....
    [​IMG]

6. ajay

ajay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Ours is called the ______(our last name)'s Bed & Breakfast [​IMG]

7. MiddleChild

MiddleChild Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Re: Predators - build your night coop like a tank! And be sure you get them in before dark every night - I set my cell phone alarm so I hear it wherever I am. I read somewhere on this board that if you can't hear your chickens when you're in the house, use a baby monitor. As soon as I get a chance I'm going to get one, b/c even though they're sometimes quite close (movable pen) I can't hear a thing inside. Good luck - you'll become mega-attached!

8. feliciamckee

feliciamckee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    J Bro
    Quote:I like number 2[​IMG]

9. feliciamckee

May 17, 2011
    J Bro
    Quote:Oh, I LOVE this!!! BEST thing I have seen in a long time![​IMG] I want to come to the show![​IMG]

10. feliciamckee

May 17, 2011
    J Bro
    Quote:[​IMG] What are you going to do when he comes over and wants to borrow your tools? Give him a chicken???

And yes, I remember that movie. It one of my favs. My rooster is named Rocky and my hen is Ginger! My next hen will be Babs. Right now, she is on HOLIDAY knitting posters!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by