1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Creative Coop Names

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by navychick, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Rockin' Reds

Rockin' Reds Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2010
    Penrose, Colorado
    Quote:I love your sign!! One of my Buff Orpingtons is named Oleo. [​IMG]

2. postalprincess

postalprincess Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2010
    rollersville, ohio
    thanks Red [​IMG] its old family tradition to name things after oleo. [​IMG]

3. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    We have named ours 'Fort Chix'. I spent a long time trying to make it 'attack proof', so my better half named it so [​IMG]

4. JimmyMack

JimmyMack Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    Our coop is called The Chicken Condo. Nothing too original. Hope this picture works...first time trying to upload.

[​IMG]

5. dottie1111

dottie1111 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2009
    california
    the chcken condo

6. HappyPaws

HappyPaws New Egg

Jun 17, 2011
    We call ours Cirque de Poulet. Our kitten can't stop watching the entertainment!

7. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle
    Quote:You will be going out to that coop at least twice a day regardless of weather. When the weather is nasty, you won't want to go too far. Close to the house is better.

8. Chicka-boom Chicka-boom

Chicka-boom Chicka-boom Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2011
    Our chicken coop is almost done - so close that our four hens spent their first night in it last night! [​IMG] Naming the coop - what fun [​IMG] My current coop name is "The Strip Club" (i.e. chicken "strips") [​IMG] But, I have other names percolating: I have a RIR named Lucy and a Buff Brahma named Ethel, and am a big "I Love Lucy" fan. As I won't be having any roosters to name Ricky or Fred, I was thinking of an ode to Ricky, by naming the coop The Tropicana or The Babaloo Club, but am still leaning towards "The Strip Club".

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  9. wvbusdriver

wvbusdriver New Egg

Jun 20, 2011
    Thank you, hallerlake. I really appreciate the information. I didn't want to put it too close to the woods, because you never know when something is coming out. But I wasn't too sure about having it close to the house either. My husband doesn't want to have foul smells around. I already mentioned to him it would be kept clean. We just had a skunk come to the back door of our house last night and sprayed two of my dogs. That wasn't fun. We love our animals and don't want anything to happen to them.[​IMG]

Mom of 3 kids, 3 dogs, 3 cats, 5 Australorps, 1 Hubby, and my fun Aunt

10. MiddleChild

MiddleChild Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Eastern Massachusetts
    Quote:Love it! Mine have what I call "chicken races", especially right after I let them out in the morning. Maybe I should call their pen area (as opposed to the coops themselves) Preakness? Ascot? (but I don't have black and white hens...)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by