Creative Coop Names

Pics
Quote:
I love your sign!! One of my Buff Orpingtons is named Oleo.
lol.png

Our coop is called The Chicken Condo. Nothing too original. Hope this picture works...first time trying to upload.

86571_cimg0052.jpg

Quote:
You will be going out to that coop at least twice a day regardless of weather. When the weather is nasty, you won't want to go too far. Close to the house is better.

Our chicken coop is almost done - so close that our four hens spent their first night in it last night!
D.gif
Naming the coop - what fun
wee.gif
My current coop name is "The Strip Club" (i.e. chicken "strips")
wink.png
But, I have other names percolating: I have a RIR named Lucy and a Buff Brahma named Ethel, and am a big "I Love Lucy" fan. As I won't be having any roosters to name Ricky or Fred, I was thinking of an ode to Ricky, by naming the coop The Tropicana or The Babaloo Club, but am still leaning towards "The Strip Club".

Last edited:
Thank you, hallerlake. I really appreciate the information. I didn't want to put it too close to the woods, because you never know when something is coming out. But I wasn't too sure about having it close to the house either. My husband doesn't want to have foul smells around. I already mentioned to him it would be kept clean. We just had a skunk come to the back door of our house last night and sprayed two of my dogs. That wasn't fun. We love our animals and don't want anything to happen to them.
smile.png

Mom of 3 kids, 3 dogs, 3 cats, 5 Australorps, 1 Hubby, and my fun Aunt

Quote:
Love it! Mine have what I call "chicken races", especially right after I let them out in the morning. Maybe I should call their pen area (as opposed to the coops themselves) Preakness? Ascot? (but I don't have black and white hens...)

Back
Top Bottom