Creator of the Labradoodle has major regrets...

Actually one of the first designer breeds was the cock a poo like 25 or more years ago. It wasn't called a designer breed back then but it was an intentional breeding of two different breeds. Anyone remember those? I didn't have one but they seemed like happy little dogs.
It looks like it's the Chinese Crested turn now. I have seen them for sale crossed with doxie's and chi's.

Quote:
I had a cockapoo as a kid. She lived at my grandparents house but was mine (she didn't really take to the other grandkids
roll.png
) She was a super little dog, my best buddy. Most of the dogs in my life have been mutts, they remain my fave.

Akane, sorry to hear your rescue dogs were like that. Most shelter dogs are very loving; almost like they're grateful for being saved. Some do need more work than others, we spent 2 years getting our GSD mix from wild to behaved.

Quote:
Hey, when I was growing up a friend's family had one of those...it was the nicest small dog I've ever met.

Quote:
Those are reasonable prices. Obviously, the shelters cared about finding the animals homes more than they cared about making money.

Quote:
Cresteds are much better when they are crossed. The purebreds are almost impossible to housebreak. I love chi-chis. It's one of my favorite small dog types. They have less hair than the purebreds, they are smaller, they do housebreak (thank God)...... I just love them. I have a few of them, and prefer them to chihuahuas and chinese cresteds. They have all sorts of outfits, and sleep with us everynight. They love everyone, and every other dog they meet.
In fact, I wouldn't have a CC at all. I had one, and that was enough. She was sweet as the dickens and peed everywhere plus pooped in shoes.
Plus the cross helps them bark less than purebred chihuahuas although I have a few of those too. My friend crosses her CC with poodles. They aren't as bald as the chihuahua crosses end up being. But they seem nice too. My chihuahuas and my Chi-chi crosses all get along fine, except that two older chihuahua females don't like each other. The chi-chis love everyone. They even love the LGDs that stay outside.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom