Creeper no longer. Hello from Arkansas

Arkie Gal

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2015
Central Arkansas
Hello, I joined about a week ago and have been lurking around getting to know the ins and outs.
I believe I'm ready to jump in with both feet.
My family and I are newly first time chicken owners. Just over a week ago we brought home 7 1-Day old babies.
We are hoping this will be a wonderful learning and growing experience for us and our children (daughter 9 and son 8).
I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and soaking up as much information as possible. Who knows, maybe someday, I will be able to help someone else out.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Congrats on your flock! They sure are fun to raise!

I hope you can learn a ton about chickens here on BYC. But the best way to learn about them is to own them! I remember when I first got chickens and I felt so clueless. Now I'm writing articles on chickens and even a 200 page on caring for them!

Glad you joined the Backyard chickens flock
celebrate.gif
. What breeds did you get?

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join to our flock. Which part of Arkansas are you in? I was born in Hot Springs and still love that area. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any specific questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks.

Hello, and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our community.

Congratulations on your new chicks! What breeds did you get?
smile.png

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
I am in the Hot Springs area. I was born and raised in Mountain Home. (North central Ar)
Lol...I am not sure what kinds of chickens I have. The add in the sales paper said assorted pullets and bantams. The sign on the bin at the store said mixed pullets. Sooo.. being the novice I am I thought I was buying the right little chicks for the laying hens we wanted. Come to find out from some more season folks on here, I probably got a mixed bag of who knows what. And time will just have to tell.
1f609.png

That's okay, I'm a patient person.

Back
Top Bottom