Hi, we are just starting out with clb down in Australia, there is still a lot of work to be done on the breed over here as there is minimal good stock from the imported Avgen line.
Our line I believe is the Aussie recreation line.
Do you know if the chicks grow in darker after their juvenile moult? We have 3 young boys and I'd like to eliminate 1, they are only 4 weeks old. I'm worried about getting rid of one too quick is all. It's really hard to get good barring in the males over here most of them are too light.
My CL rooster looked like this at 3 weeks and 2,5 - 3 months old and now:
Harvey3WeeksB.jpg

HarveyNovember2022.jpg

Harvey6MonthsCS.jpg

So yes, they change quite a bit while growing up. Mind you, Harvey was a late developer and your cockerels may grow up faster than he did.

Do you mean the pictures from @BlueTheBrahma? They are not mine 🙂
Do you mean the pictures from @BlueTheBrahma? They are not mine 🙂
Oops 🤦‍♂️
For some reason I thought you were the one who started the thread, and the pic of your roo was answering to me asking to see their roo! I’m sorry for the confusion. That’s why I responded the way I did, I bet it was strange getting criticism on your birds when you were just showing them off!
Sorry!

Oops 🤦‍♂️
For some reason I thought you were the one who started the thread, and the pic of your roo was answering to me asking to see their roo! I’m sorry for the confusion. That’s why I responded the way I did, I bet it was strange getting criticism on your birds when you were just showing them off!
Sorry!
No worries! 😀

Back
Top Bottom