Crested cream legbar roo crossed with?

Mr. Tburg

Chirping
Apr 30, 2018
So I have a cc legbar rooster and was wondering what chicks would look like if he breeds with the hens I have and egg color. I tried searching didnt have any luck and I'm not knowledgable enough to use the calculator. My cc legbar isn't laying yet so dont know her egg color she is sibling to the rooster. Any help would be greatly appreciated here are the hens I have Dominique,crested cream legbar, buff orpington,Rhode island red,speckled Sussex, partridge rock,black austrolorp, and Easter egger(green egg).

I can't comment on the birds' colors, but your CCL rooster carries the blue egg gene. Him with your CCL hen will produce purebred CCL and they will lay blue eggs. Any hens you have that lay brown eggs, their offspring with said rooster will lay green eggs. Offspring from the EEs will lay a bluish-green egg, probably closer to blue.

if bred with the other cc legbar, eggs will be blue; if crossed with I light brown or cream layer, eggs should be light turquoise or pink; if crossed with a darker brown layer eggs should be a darker green; if crossed with a white layer eggs should be light blue; (this is just to my best understanding, but may be incorrect.) @The Moonshiner?

So I have a cc legbar rooster and was wondering what chicks would look like if he breeds with the hens I have and egg color. I tried searching didnt have any luck and I'm not knowledgable enough to use the calculator. My cc legbar isn't laying yet so dont know her egg color she is sibling to the rooster. Any help would be greatly appreciated here are the hens I have Dominique,crested cream legbar, buff orpington,Rhode island red,speckled Sussex, partridge rock,black austrolorp, and Easter egger(green egg).

Legbar Male x Dominique Hen = Cuckoo offspring with small crest (Chicks will be black with a white spot on the head). Hen will lay green eggs.

Legbar Male x Buff Orp Hen = = Offspring will be golden barred. The chicks will be light colored possibly with the chipmunk pattern possibly a red or yellow color. Hens will lay green eggs.

Legbar Male x RIR = These will look about the same as the Buff Orp Crosses. Hens will lay green eggs

Legbar Male x Speckled Sussex = These will about like the RIR & Orp crosses. Hen will lay green eggs.

Legbar Male x Partridge Rock - These will about like the RIR, Orp & Sussex crosses. Hen will lay green eggs.

Legbar Male x Black austrolorp - These will look about like the Dominique crosses only the dominique males will be a lighter barring will cuckoo coloring and the Australorp males will have a darker slate color barring rather than a white barring. The hens will look the same as the Dominique crosses. Hens will lay green eggs.

Legbar Male x Easter Egger - No idea what they would look like since there is not standard for the Easter Egger and they could be color and any mix. The eggs will lay blue or green Eggs. The birds will be barred, and they will have a small crest.

Legbar Male x Dominique Hen = Cuckoo offspring with small crest (Chicks will be black with a white spot on the head). Hen will lay green eggs.

Legbar Male x Buff Orp Hen = = Offspring will be golden barred. The chicks will be light colored possibly with the chipmunk pattern possibly a red or yellow color. Hens will lay green eggs.

Legbar Male x RIR = These will look about the same as the Buff Orp Crosses. Hens will lay green eggs

Legbar Male x Speckled Sussex = These will about like the RIR & Orp crosses. Hen will lay green eggs.

Legbar Male x Partridge Rock - These will about like the RIR, Orp & Sussex crosses. Hen will lay green eggs.

Legbar Male x Black austrolorp - These will look about like the Dominique crosses only the dominique males will be a lighter barring will cuckoo coloring and the Australorp males will have a darker slate color barring rather than a white barring. The hens will look the same as the Dominique crosses. Hens will lay green eggs.

Legbar Male x Easter Egger - No idea what they would look like since there is not standard for the Easter Egger and they could be color and any mix. The eggs will lay blue or green Eggs. The birds will be barred, and they will have a small crest.
Ok thank you would any be able to be sexed as chicks (other than the pure ccl) by color or markings or anything?

No..these will neither be autosexing nor sex-links so you will not be able to accurately sex them untill they are 4-6 weeks old. The dominique crosses (if you know that is what they are an that they are not the Black Australorp cross may have some success at color sexing. Black double barred matings have been studied and were able to be 75-85% accurate on sexing. To get to 100% (that is required to be called autosexing) you have to have a brown base color to the chick.

update!!!!!
Two of my hens went broody so I left some blue and green eggs for them and they are starting to hatch. Any guesses gender or breed of the chicks they are either ccl or ccl x ee. First pics are of the parents
Pic 1 ccl roo
Pic 2 ccl hen
Pic 3 ee hen
Pic 4 and 5 newly hatched chic has yellow dot on its head so it's a Male ccl
Pic 6 more of a red color chic
Pic 7 and 8 chicks are more yellow
20190513_190558.jpg
20190513_190611.jpg
20190513_190659.jpg

Attachments

• 20190513_181810.jpg
    20190513_181810.jpg