Crested pekin can't see

Crested Ducks actually don't have a closed skull. Some actually have a thick skin flap in the crest so trimming should be done with caution.
Oh heavens, i didn't know about a potential skin flap! Yikes! We gave her a trim this afternoon and i think it went ok, but husband thinks we need to take a bit more off. It's better than it was though. I'll post a pic of her 'do tomorrow

Still needs work :hmm little bit better though
20181120_110141.jpg

Thank you for the advice everyone! I'm nervous about trimming, I'd hate to go too short and hurt her. We tried once before and i was pretty conservative and didn't really end up cutting that much. I have this image in my head of it being like cutting a dog's nail too short lol

Explain a vaulted skull to me, i'm really not sure
I'm only familiar with crested chickens which sometimes have an extra bump on their skull so the crest looks bigger. I don't know crested duck, so I'm unsure if they have that going on either. If it's all feathers you can't hurt them cutting the feathers shorter as long as they aren't molting and there's blood feathers.

I'm only familiar with crested chickens which sometimes have an extra bump on their skull so the crest looks bigger. I don't know crested duck, so I'm unsure if they have that going on either. If it's all feathers you can't hurt them cutting the feathers shorter as long as they aren't molting and there's blood feathers.
I don't believe there's any molting going on right now, so hopefully that won't be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom