Crested Polish chicken behavior with kids?

I just bought a polish today, straight run. It is a total bully. Runs at You and pecks you. I'm going to try and tame. .. but if things don't change its gone. :(

I have two Polish Crested (black and white) baby chicks about 4 weeks old. I asked some other questions concerning them in another blog, but I can say that they are terrific as far as visiting. They come to me and never showed fear about standing in my hand. From the beginning they were curious and tend to try more things. They can fuss a little when I first pick them up, but then they settle down as I talk to them. I put out a blanket and lay down on it and let the baby chicks (all of them) run around and have some extra room. The Polish Crested chicks like coming over and visiting. They are very sweet. Okay, feeding them dried meal worms definitely created their devotion, but I don't always offer them and they still like to hang out. They come to my hand rather than run. I think as with any chick, the more socializing the better. Even my leghorns, which I've read tend to be antisocial, are friendly. In fact, one of my leghorns is very friendly and likes to hop on me and sleep.

Back
Top Bottom