***Crevecoeur Thread***

Pics
Ooh and congratulations justbugged on your flock. I bet they are some nice birds!
My boy came from those birds.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Hey, I am starting back into poultry. I ordered several diff. Breeds from Murray McMurray and in the group I ordered a Crevecoeur pullet . I saw the pictures of the chicks on this thread and my concern is that my chick now over a week old is solid black. Is that normal or are they suppose to have white spots on them.? I also would be interested in some chicks from a breeder since noone in east TN have them. Also does anyone have any info on shows in this area?

Yes, when they are chicks they can be black and white underneath. Check out this page from feathersite. If you scroll down to the bottom they have pics of Crev chicks.

i have one and we keep it and a diferent brown one as pets i want to know how long the average one will live anyone know?

I have a Crevecoeur Rooster who has such a wonderful personality. He almost purrs when he hears my voice. However, he seems to chase the ladies around all the time and I am not looking for chicks just eggs. He was either sexed incorrectly or sent as a box warmer. He is from Murray McMurray and really a sweet guy. Do you think if I put him on the auction page, someone would want him? I don't want money for him I just want him to move to a place where is manly services are more appreciated. I've put him on my Craigslist but I'm thinking maybe we need to eat him. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom