***Crevecoeur Thread***

Pics
I agree, he looks a little beat up, but will probably be beautiful when he grows his new feathers! A chicken doesn't need to be "show quality" to be beautiful! And I bet he's going to be beautiful when he's refreshed himself! Congratulations! I love my boy, he's such a lap-chicken, and so huggable!

Thanks for the feedback. Do you think he has those long legs from Polish influence? Also, he has a really small frame. When I look out the window at him I think, "funny skinny-butt rooster".

I've had the time now to read through this thread. Does anyone know if Heather of Rare Feathers ended up selling all of her Crevs?

She did. I ended up with her rooster and a few hens. I had to downsize and no longer have any Crev roosters. I have quite a few hens that I hatched. Let me know if you need some ladies for your boy.

As to the Polish influence I think you will have a difficult time finding any Crevs up to standard. They need a lot of work and dedication. I miss my boys.

chickengarden, I think his legs look longer than they should due to missing feathers? I mean, he seems bare on the sides? Which exposes his thighs a lot more than usual. The lower part seems sort of short...from that picture? As for size, that's supposed to be one of the biggest problem with the state of Creves. Mine is about to turn 22 weeks old, and just barely hits 5 lbs. I chose him for my rooster because he was the biggest, but I really wish I could have kept one of my other boys as his ears were bright red, as red as his comb and wattles. I'm wondering if I made a mistake, LOL. Anyway, they undoubtedly have some polish in them (heck, originally they must have been created from polish (as well as dorkings)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy him and that he's a good boy :D

She did. I ended up with her rooster and a few hens. I had to downsize and no longer have any Crev roosters. I have quite a few hens that I hatched. Let me know if you need some ladies for your boy.

As to the Polish influence I think you will have a difficult time finding any Crevs up to standard. They need a lot of work and dedication. I miss my boys.
I would love ladies for my boy! Hubby says I can't buy any more animals this year, tho so they'd have to be free-LOL. We are just starting up our little farm and I've just purchased 6 chicks, 3 turkeys, 7 guineas, 5 ducks, a livestock guardian dog and 6 goats.

Back
Top Bottom