***Crevecoeur Thread***

Pics
Anyone here somewhat near Collegeville, Pa? I have a young Creve Coeur roo that needs a new home. I have no CC hens and I have six roosters in all with only three hens total!

Thanks.

Thought I would share some pics of my boy. I hatched him from eggs from Rare Feathers Farm. He is about 14 weeks so far. He is very compact, but he seems small to me. Are they slow growing? How does he look so far?

48594_crev_profile.jpg

48594_crev_stance.jpg

48594_creve_face.jpg

Now I need to get some pics of my banties!

Thanks for sharing!

Nice looking comb on him. I see the adult hackles and crest feathers are growing in. About the size, the APA Crèvecoeur Standard is optimistic and was set more than a hundred years ago... it's common these days for Creves to weigh under the "Standard" weight. It's helpful to keep track of your birds' weight so you can be sure to keep the largest ones around. At 14 weeks, though, your boy still has a lot of growing to do!

Best - exop

Last edited:
Quote:
He looks pretty good.
smile.png
Yes, they take a while to mature & fill out completely. He should "thicken up" once he stops growing taller.
wink.png

I will have to get some weights on my birds. I keep meaning to do that with my GLC's as well...but being 34 weeks preggo, it's hard to chase them around let alone capture & weigh them!
lol.png

A funny couple of pics I took yesterday!

He's waiting for Cheerios to fall down!
lol.png

DSCN5387.jpg

DSCN5386.jpg

They didn't show much interest in the salad greens I threw in.
roll.png
I had to thin out my lettuce & spinach a little yesterday so I threw a few plants to each pen....

His comb looks a little white in this pic...but it's closer to pink....

DSCN5383.jpg

DSCN5382.jpg

DSCN5320.jpg

Poor girls have been getting too much "attention." I have to capture them & put saddles on a few of them...

DSCN5317.jpg

Hi all, I just bought Crevecoeur eggs from Rare feathers Farm-I'm so eggcited!!! They're on their way. I actually have some incubating that are supposed to hatch in about a week, sooooooo, looks like I'll have 2 incubators going...hmmm, that means room for more eggs! I think I better stop before they take over...BUT. are there any hints or incubating tips anyone can give me so I can do the best job possible of hatching them? Is humidity/temp normal incubator readings or do they like a little higher or a little lower temps/humidity? I read about letting them sit for a day out of the incubator so they can settle, to up their chances of hatching from being mailed. Is that still a good idea?
Thanks,

GoodLuckCharlie! :

Hi all, I just bought Crevecoeur eggs from Rare feathers Farm-I'm so eggcited!!! They're on their way. I actually have some incubating that are supposed to hatch in about a week, sooooooo, looks like I'll have 2 incubators going...hmmm, that means room for more eggs! I think I better stop before they take over...BUT. are there any hints or incubating tips anyone can give me so I can do the best job possible of hatching them? Is humidity/temp normal incubator readings or do they like a little higher or a little lower temps/humidity? I read about letting them sit for a day out of the incubator so they can settle, to up their chances of hatching from being mailed. Is that still a good idea?
Thanks,

frow.gif
Hi! Nope, they are just like regular chicken eggs. I do the "dry hatch" with all of my eggs (except geese) and get the best results. I let them settle a few hours and then put them into the incubator.​

Back
Top Bottom