Crippled chick? Need help

Showie

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2020
Pwecca hatched 4 days ago and at first was doing very well. Unfortunetly she got injured in the incubator and her knee has been dark red ever since, similair looking to a blood blister. Her knee had gotten stuck in a gap in the incubator. The first day we thought she wouldn't mame it but she pulled through and I began caring for her by hand. But the injury isn't getting any better even though she isn't sickly or downspirited.

The leg currently looks tge same with blistering and is slightly twisted away from her body. I do my best to keep her off her knee's and i feed/water her often during the day, i even wake at 2 am and 4am to check on her and feed/water her. She gets tired quickly but is otherwise healthy.

I tried tapping her legs together, similar to how to help chicks with spraddled leg, to correct the bend. But now her other leg seems to be compensating for the time she spends sitting on it and is turning in slightly and her knee seems to be getting sore.

I want to give her the best chance and couldn't bare to put her down. Is there something I can do to try build muscle in the leg, teach her to walk properlly or straighten them out atleast so that it doesn't get worse?

Back
Top Bottom