Critter Hill Coop DONE! (many PICs)

love it and great roof idea!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Thanks for the links and the info CritterHill
smile.png
I really love how much light it lets in and I will definitely look into getting some of that when I scrounge up enough money to build my own coop.

Glad to hear it held up so well!!
fl.gif

I like the idea of all the extra light using the tuftex; maybe I could have actual skylights with it. Use 1/2 wood and 1/2 tuftex; I'll have to spring that idea on the hubby although if it's easier to put up, I'm sure he'll want the whole roof that way. Also, I was curious about the paneling, is that what you ask for at the store? The entire coop is very attractive; nice job!

Quote:
Do you mean the stuff on the outside of the coop? Not sure what it was called. I just sent DH to the store with an idea of what I wanted and he came home with that.

If you have not yet put up plywood, you should probably just get T1-11. That is thick enough to use in place of the plywood and you can get it with the same texture as the stuff I got.

If we had to do it again, I would have just done T1-11.

I can not believe it is done! Maybe I will get my husband back now!

I updated the first post in the thread with all of the pictures, beginning to end.

Quote:
Question : What did ya'll use for roof on the coop ? OK you already answered that part . Whats the difference is cost from this roofing you used and T-1-11 ?

Do ya'll plan on adding to ya'll FLOCK ? sure is ALOT OF ROOM FOR JUST 11 CHICKENS lmao

Last edited:
Quote:
Heheh, yep, more chickens is definitely part of the long term plan. DH insists on at least waiting until these are laying before getting more peeps - actually he wants to wait until these stop laying to get more peeps, but I figure the timeframe is negotiable
tongue.png

Not sure of the cost difference between this roofing and T-1-11, but I do know it was cheaper than plywood, tar paper, and flashing.

Back
Top Bottom