Critters galore! What is going on these days - and now a wiley Coyote?

I am having the same problem with a surplus of predators right now. First a family of skunks, now a family of raccoons, and now a bunch of woodchucks. We even have something big enough that it trips the live trap and doesn't get caught. We are mowing down all the brush, weeds and grass within fifty feet of the barns and it is still not stopping these critters. Guess we are going to have to mow back further.........put out more live traps......get more shells for the 22.

Quote:
I have done all the same things. The pasture i had left some taller grass - so over the weekend it was all mowed to an inch of its life - its like fishing in a well stocked pond with hungry fish. Every time i put a trap out i catch something. Crazy paw marks in the mud - they are active this summer!

We're having a surplus of predators too, and we're doing nothing different!

Raccoons have been trying to get into the grain for the horses every night, coyotes have been coming around at all times but mostly mornings to evenings, and foxes are always lurking around.

The coyotes that got a few of our chickens came into the yard, chased them down, and carried them off about 200 yards, where they ate what they wanted, and left just a little bit of carcass.

Time to start hunting them!

Back
Top Bottom