=Croaks at Midnight= A FROG RP

Pics

PollyGirl21

Free Ranging
Apr 15, 2018
Massachusetts
=CROAKS AT MIDNIGHT=
a frog RP

(no i'm not kidding. Bear with me :lol: :th)

In the woods of rural Massachusetts, night settles in. First, it sweeps over a big white farmhouse. Next to the farmhouse is a big, open field. Where the field ends, a crumbling stone wall divides the farmhouse's field and the deep woods beyond.

To the creatures of the forest, this wall is known as the Boundary Wall. The separating barrier that signifies the divide between the humans world and the animals.

On the forest side of this wall, there are three vernal pools.
three ponds, three tribes.
of frogs.
(oh and also toads but you know what I mean)

TRIBES:
Bark tribe--This tribe consists of American toads.
220px-Bufo_americanus_Wooster_Ohio.jpg

Small, warty, can range in color from a dark brown to a light sandy color. Some might even have an orange tint. These usually peaceful but standoffish amphibians rely on their big tribe and excellent camouflage in order to call themselves worthy competition for the other tribes. Since they are land dwelling, they have the smallest pond. The pond is still essential to them though, as they must soak in the pool on hot days, and the since pool attracts their prey. And of course their tadpoles are raised in this pool. This tribe generally likes to keep to themselves if they have the choice, so not much is known about them.

Leaf tribe--This tribe consists of Green Frogs. These guys are generally medium sized, and have a range of different colors. Dark brown, brown, brown with spots, olive green, green w/spots, bright green, or a green/brown ombre w/ spots, ect.
here are some examples:
5692103782_4808d281df_b.jpg

download-16.jpg

images-1.jpg

ALL FROG CHARACTERS WILL BE MADE IN THIS TRIBE
This is a close-knit group of frogs. They have a lot of courage, and a lot of tribe pride. They hold ceremonies and rituals as frogs move up to different ranks. They have a smaller population than bark tribe, but greater than rock tribe. Are generally smarter. Have a big pool. They love to swim.

Rock tribe--This tribe consists of american bullfrogs. These are huge, fat, muscular frogs that have a bit of a barbaric streak. It is said that will eat any member of another tribe that wanders into their pond and bank. Unlike the leaf tribe, these frogs do not have really have a set of ranks other than their leader. They choose the leader by fighting, and the strongest one is the leader. Range in color from a dark brown to a green, to a green/brown ombre to a light olive green.
images-2.jpg

download-17.jpg

These guys have the smallest population of the three tribes, but what they lack in numbers they make up for in strength. They have a smaller pool than the leaf tribe, as they swim less and mostly just sit on the banks waiting for food to come their way. But they have a bigger pond than the bark tribe because they are still semi-aquatic.

RANKS:
EGGS-- Laid in the nursery area--a sectioned off portion of the pool dedicated to the eggs and newlings that the frogs surround and cover with sticks and wet leaves. The nursery entrance is underwater. (please note that this is fiction)

NEWLINGS--Newly hatched tadpoles. They stay in the nursery, attach themselves to weeds and leaves, and eat the remnants of their eggs for the first few weeks

POLLYWOGS--Tadpoles that have left the nursery and swim around in schools. This group is taught collectively by one teacher frog.

FROGLET--A tadpole with four functioning legs who is able to go on land. Their first steps onto land is treated with a special ceremony in Leaf tribe. During the ceremony, it gets a specific mentor assigned to it who will teach it the ropes for the duration it still has its tail.

FIGHTER FROG--A mature frog who no longer has it's tail, is in the Leaf tribe King or Queen's regiment.

HONOR FROG--An award granted by Leaf tribe to a frog who has done something truly brave

COMMANDER--A mature frog in Leaf tribe who is a trusted advisor of the king/queen. Oversees the fighter frogs. (can be up to 3)

KING/QUEEN--The leader of a tribe (can only be one)

HEALER FROG--a frog who has learned healing abilities. (can be up to 2 healers)

For simplicity's sake, These frogs can have human names, but they don't have to.

Frog predators in this area--snakes, hawks, snapping turtles

Frog dens--these dens are partially underwater caves. IN LEAF TRIBE, There is the leaders cave, which is a stump that has the middle rotted out. The cave is partially submerged. For tribe meetings, The leader speaks to the tribe on top of this stump.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FORM--
Name:
Appearance:
Rank(s):
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My characters:

Name: Humphrey
Personality: not too bright, but brave and tries his very best. Is beloved by Leaf Tribe.
Appearance: A chubby Leaf tribe frog, a dull olive green ombre with a dull green head and a darker body
Rank(s): King of Leaftribe, has also earned an Honor Frog for singlehandedly trying to take on a snapping turtle.

Name: Pepper
Personality: Caring and cooperative but firm with rules
Appearance-- An olive green frog with dark speckles
Rank(s): Teacher, Fighter

IS EVERYBODY READY????

A lone, deep croak echoes into the night around Leaftribe's pond. A hefty frog springs up onto a rotted stump, half submerged in water.
"Leaf tribe" He croaks to the mass of frogs assembling below, the water dripping off them sparkling in the moonlight as they hop up to the shallow banks.
"There has been much whispering and rumors that Rock tribe is planning an attack. One of you must be sent on a mission to spy and gather more information. This mission is dangerous. If you succeed, you gain an honor frog."
A chorus of chirps and ribbits buzzed below him as the tribe took in this information.
"I will choose the most capable one from whomever volunteers. You have until next moonrise to apply."
With that, he splashed off the top of the stump and crawled into the cave of the hollow stump, leaving the crowd to talk amongst themselves and process what they just heard.........

Have fun guys! Let's do this! :lol::woot

I'm in! I haven't done many RPs, so please tell me If I'm doing anything wrong.

My character:
Name: Hawk
Personality: Most the time happy but has a quick temper. Don't get on her wrong side! Often does not think things through.
Appearance: Dark green with a few brownish speckles.

She says, "I'll volunteer!"

=CROAKS AT MIDNIGHT=
a frog RP

(no i'm not kidding. Bear with me :lol: :th)

In the woods of rural Massachusetts, night settles in. First, it sweeps over a big white farmhouse. Next to the farmhouse is a big, open field. Where the field ends, a crumbling stone wall divides the farmhouse's field and the deep woods beyond.

To the creatures of the forest, this wall is known as the Boundary Wall. The separating barrier that signifies the divide between the humans world and the animals.

On the forest side of this wall, there are three vernal pools.
three ponds, three tribes.
of frogs.
(oh and also toads but you know what I mean)

TRIBES:
Bark tribe--This tribe consists of American toads.
View attachment 2187806
Small, warty, can range in color from a dark brown to a light sandy color. Some might even have an orange tint. These usually peaceful but standoffish amphibians rely on their big tribe and excellent camouflage in order to call themselves worthy competition for the other tribes. Since they are land dwelling, they have the smallest pond. The pond is still essential to them though, as they must soak in the pool on hot days, and the since pool attracts their prey. And of course their tadpoles are raised in this pool. This tribe generally likes to keep to themselves if they have the choice, so not much is known about them.

Leaf tribe--This tribe consists of Green Frogs. These guys are generally medium sized, and have a range of different colors. Dark brown, brown, brown with spots, olive green, green w/spots, bright green, or a green/brown ombre w/ spots, ect.
here are some examples:
View attachment 2187817
View attachment 2187844
View attachment 2187845
ALL FROG CHARACTERS WILL BE MADE IN THIS TRIBE
This is a close-knit group of frogs. They have a lot of courage, and a lot of tribe pride. They hold ceremonies and rituals as frogs move up to different ranks. They have a smaller population than bark tribe, but greater than rock tribe. Are generally smarter. Have a big pool. They love to swim.

Rock tribe--This tribe consists of american bullfrogs. These are huge, fat, muscular frogs that have a bit of a barbaric streak. It is said that will eat any member of another tribe that wanders into their pond and bank. Unlike the leaf tribe, these frogs do not have really have a set of ranks other than their leader. They choose the leader by fighting, and the strongest one is the leader. Range in color from a dark brown to a green, to a green/brown ombre to a light olive green.
View attachment 2187889
View attachment 2187890
These guys have the smallest population of the three tribes, but what they lack in numbers they make up for in strength. They have a smaller pool than the leaf tribe, as they swim less and mostly just sit on the banks waiting for food to come their way. But they have a bigger pond than the bark tribe because they are still semi-aquatic.

RANKS:
EGGS-- Laid in the nursery area--a sectioned off portion of the pool dedicated to the eggs and newlings that the frogs surround and cover with sticks and wet leaves. The nursery entrance is underwater. (please note that this is fiction)

NEWLINGS--Newly hatched tadpoles. They stay in the nursery, attach themselves to weeds and leaves, and eat the remnants of their eggs for the first few weeks

POLLYWOGS--Tadpoles that have left the nursery and swim around in schools. This group is taught collectively by one teacher frog.

FROGLET--A tadpole with four functioning legs who is able to go on land. Their first steps onto land is treated with a special ceremony in Leaf tribe. During the ceremony, it gets a specific mentor assigned to it who will teach it the ropes for the duration it still has its tail.

FIGHTER FROG--A mature frog who no longer has it's tail, is in the Leaf tribe King or Queen's regiment.

HONOR FROG--An award granted by Leaf tribe to a frog who has done something truly brave

COMMANDER--A mature frog in Leaf tribe who is a trusted advisor of the king/queen. Oversees the fighter frogs. (can be up to 3)

KING/QUEEN--The leader of a tribe (can only be one)

HEALER FROG--a frog who has learned healing abilities. (can be up to 2 healers)

For simplicity's sake, These frogs can have human names, but they don't have to.

Frog predators in this area--snakes, hawks, snapping turtles

Frog dens--these dens are partially underwater caves. IN LEAF TRIBE, There is the leaders cave, which is a stump that has the middle rotted out. The cave is partially submerged. For tribe meetings, The leader speaks to the tribe on top of this stump.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FORM--
Name:
Appearance:
Rank(s):
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My characters:

Name: Humphrey
Personality: not too bright, but brave and tries his very best. Is beloved by Leaf Tribe.
Appearance: A chubby Leaf tribe frog, a dull olive green ombre with a dull green head and a darker body
Rank(s): King of Leaftribe, has also earned an Honor Frog for singlehandedly trying to take on a snapping turtle.

Name: Pepper
Personality: Caring and cooperative but firm with rules
Appearance-- An olive green frog with dark speckles
Rank(s): Teacher, Fighter

IS EVERYBODY READY????

A lone, deep croak echoes into the night around Leaftribe's pond. A hefty frog springs up onto a rotted stump, half submerged in water.
"Leaf tribe" He croaks to the mass of frogs assembling below, the water dripping off them sparkling in the moonlight as they hop up to the shallow banks.
"There has been much whispering and rumors that Rock tribe is planning an attack. One of you must be sent on a mission to spy and gather more information. This mission is dangerous. If you succeed, you gain an honor frog."
A chorus of chirps and ribbits buzzed below him as the tribe took in this information.
"I will choose the most capable one from whomever volunteers. You have until next moonrise to apply."
With that, he splashed off the top of the stump and crawled into the cave of the hollow stump, leaving the crowd to talk amongst themselves and process what they just heard.........

Have fun guys! Let's do this! :lol::woot
(I would love to join, it's very creative. But as you know I can't be in here very much anymore. Hope it takes off the way you want it to!)

I'm in! I haven't done many RPs, so please tell me If I'm doing anything wrong.

My character:
Name: Hawk
Personality: Most the time happy but has a quick temper. Don't get on her wrong side! Often does not think things through.
Appearance: Dark green with a few brownish speckles.

She says, "I'll volunteer!"
Great--accepted!

Pepper leaned toward Hawk and whispered, "Are you sure? It could be dangerous."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FORM--
Name: Jerry
Personality: Kinda dumb, Goofy, loves a good battle.
Appearance: Big and muscular, light brown
Rank(s): Fighter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jerry frowned as he eyed Hawk. He wanted to volunteer too, and was hoping to not have any competition. Not to worry! He thought to himself. Surely the king would pick him, with his muscular build.

Back
Top Bottom