Crochet Square Swap - Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, that is soooo cute! I haven't put any together myself but my daughter told me she just uses a single crochet or you can do a slip stitch. With the single crochet it will have a nice decorative ridge which I do like. Can't wait to get them.

mangled- love the precious moments doll! I went to the precious moments museum in Carthage, MO....was entralled! Beautiful crochet work too!

Quote:
Scrambled, WOW!!!!!!
ep.gif
How exciting!!!!! You go girl!!!! Do you ever sleep? OOoh, I can't wait to get everyone's beautiful squares.

OK, everyone has to show & tell what they make. I have to see.

Mangled, that is so, so cure. How did you connect them? I have been wondering the same thing. I wonder if using the ss is a good technique.

LOL!!! If I get the rest boxed up tonight they will go out tomorrow. Everyone that sent an addressed mailer, yours and a few boxes went out today...and for future reference...the boxes are a thousand times easier than trying to cram those squares, even with tissue paper around them, into an envelope, wow, that was feat!! lol!!! I went at lunchtime and mailed them and people were not happy campers for having to wait in line so long behind me..too bad they weren't getting squares too!!! Some of ya'll should have them by thursday I bet!!
smile.png
Thanks ya'll it was alot of fun...especially getting to know you all!!!
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Mangled, that is so, so cute. How did you connect them? I have been wondering the same thing. I wonder if using the ss is a good technique.

I just laid them wrong side to wrong side, and crocheted up the edge. You have to count the stitches, though, but it doesn't take long.

You can't see it well in the first picture, but the center of the four squares has this loose chain stitch cross over...here's a better pic. I laid it over my Nintendo DS to get a good backlight, LOL.
0513082303.jpg

I wasn't able to get the centers to connect right, so I just left it open and crossed over the chains, and started stitching together on the next granny. It has a nice ridge to it, and the edges are just a chain stitch of ten connected to every other stitch on the edge to make a sort of frill.

Parsonswife I saw this little doll at Wal-mart of all places, and when you squeeze it's hands, it says the exact prayer I say with my little ones every night. I'm a PM junkie, I'd LOVE to see the museum.

Em​

OOOHHHHHH!!!!

I got my squares today!!

My first thought as my son brought them in off the porch when he got home from school was.... who sent me hatching eggs??...?? LOL

Then i saw the return addy and had to open right away!

The squares are just lovely! Thank you everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom