Crock pot apple butter, help!!

Chickn chick 46

Songster
10 Years
May 22, 2009
I cooked this for 5 hours on high, I chopped the apples pretty small, added the spices. I used Galas

My question is, is this suppose to be chucky b/c whisking it isn't really doing anything. Did I screw it up? Help!

I cook my apples until they are soft and then puree with an emersion blender (aka boat motor). After that everything goes in the crockpot for about 5-6 hours.

I put mine in the blender then put in my jars and canned it. one batch after I used the blender I put it back in the crock pot and cooked it some more to remove more liquid. I averaged out cooking mine about 7 hours on high

Ok, thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up putting it in the blender on low speed and just for a few seconds. I didn't want to annihilate it
tongue.png
It came out pretty thick actually, although I haven't had any after it sat in the fridge overnight.

I think next time I will adjust the spices a bit. I didn't buy the AP spice b/c I had all the spices that are in it at home, so not knowing the ratio of cinn., allspice and nutmeg in AP spice, I think I put too much nutmeg in.

Back
Top Bottom