crock pot or electric fry pan, which is better?

sis

Songster
11 Years
Jul 16, 2008
PA
If you only had these choices, which would you use for a incubator and why?
which one have you tried and pro and cons?
How exactly would I do this?
Thank you
Kathleen

IF that were my only 2 choices I would not bother with killing the fertilized eggs.

However eggs in a frying pan go good with potatoes .

idunno.gif
I have never used either of those...I made the chick bator (styrofoam) that was documented by MissPrissy....it works great! You can click on the "Search" heading at the top of the page and search for skillet or crock pot to find what others have done...
Good luck!
~Rebecca

I tried both of these when I fried my hatching eggs (my own, at least), putting in the dead eggs to try and stabilize temps. I know people have done it successfully, but I couldn't. Both attempts ended way too hot, and with me unable to adjust it better. You could try it with a few unimportant eggs as a dry run and see if either of yours will maintain good temps before putting in hatching eggs.

Good luck!

I tried making one out of a crockpot and a dimmer..
Not sure if it was the house wiring or what..But Whenever I would use a major appliance, it seemed to throw off the dimmer..It would either go totally off, or go too high..

I'm now working on a 'bator out of an old igloo cooler
smile.png

You can buy a still air incubator for under $50. Why waste your time trying to hatch eggs in kitchen appliances? It's got to be frustrating because I just don't believe it's possible. If you don't have $50 save up until you do.

I have a couple of older styrofoam incubators with fans. I would sell them for $30.00 each, plus shipping. I also have a couple of turners that may or may not work. I'll throw them in for free.

Don't fool around with stuff that isn't meant for hatching eggs. All you will accomplish is to ruin a bunch of possibly expensive eggs and frustrate yourselves.

I saved for a couple of years and finally got enough to buy an old Humidaire. It is the absolute Cadillac of 'bators. Of course, there is no substitute for the original (the broody hen).

Back
Top Bottom