Crockpot Incubator Saga III: Shipped Quails Eggs...?!

How are the quail doing?
Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

Welcome back! Youā€™re like my number one crockpot fan, hehe.

When I learned that quails require a lot less space and are quieter than chickens I figured it would be worth it to give it a go :) maybe itā€™s not for me, but I wonā€™t know until I try!

The photo doesnā€™t do the eggs justice, but theyā€™re this pretty baby blue. The females need 2 copies of the blue egg gene to lay blue eggs though, so Iā€™ll also be getting regular speckled quail eggs!

Hopefully all goes well, if not, I have some local sources for regular coturnix eggs to fall back on...
Hey šŸ˜ how do I follow this thread? Iā€™ve followed the last 2 but only because I had stumbled on them, then read the thread the same day, sometimes pressing like so I can see my latest activity. Surely there is an easier way? Great articles by the way! Iā€™m hooked! šŸ˜

How are the quail doing?
Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

I pulled 2 yolkers and one quitter from the 17 I hatched. There may be more quitters, but I can only see into about 4 of the eggs. Some of the eggs became less saddled so I got complacent and set them on their sides... only to have them become saddled again... whoops. Back upright they go!

Itā€™s actually really hard to see into them barring a few with very thin shells. It makes me kind of worried that they wont be able to pip through the shells come hatch time. lol

Hey šŸ˜ how do I follow this thread? Iā€™ve followed the last 2 but only because I had stumbled on them, then read the thread the same day, sometimes pressing like so I can see my latest activity. Surely there is an easier way? Great articles by the way! Iā€™m hooked! šŸ˜
There is a button somewhere at the top that should say ā€œsubscribeā€ or ā€œwatchā€ I think? šŸ¤£ Even then, I always seem to stop getting notifications after a while.

Iā€™m secretly hoping to get a kitchen appliance incubation movement going so we can have a kitchen appliance hatch along šŸ˜¬

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom