Crockpot Incubator Saga III: Shipped Quails Eggs...?!

Pics
I’m about to be off to work, and this egg was taking forever to zip. a little beak came up through the shell again and again in the same place. So I decided to assist.

And I’m really glad I did, she had a leg over her head and couldn’t turn, yolk was fully absorbed, she just couldn’t make it out herself.

I peeled the shell and membrane off around her head, and out she popped :)

Attachments

• BDC0020E-350E-46BE-9E2E-CED39C02086D.jpeg
    BDC0020E-350E-46BE-9E2E-CED39C02086D.jpeg
    406.5 KB · Views: 10
I’m about to be off to work, and this egg was taking forever to zip. a little beak came up through the shell again and again in the same place. So I decided to assist.

And I’m really glad I did, she had a leg over her head and couldn’t turn, yolk was fully absorbed, she just couldn’t make it out herself.

I peeled the shell and membrane off around her head, and out she popped :)
I'm so glad that she made it! 💕

It's so cute! What does it look like now?
I put them all in the brooder, and they’re warming up in the ziplock bag box 🤣 I’ll take photos when I get home!

chickie number 6 made it out just before I left :clap

Attachments

• CE0CB132-45E1-4BB2-B23F-2DB8EA4292B9.jpeg
    CE0CB132-45E1-4BB2-B23F-2DB8EA4292B9.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 9676B3D8-73DF-4378-9599-BE82A268F978.jpeg
    9676B3D8-73DF-4378-9599-BE82A268F978.jpeg
    362.9 KB · Views: 13
Ooh that looks like a good setup! Aww that baby's so cute!😍
I got a seedling germination mat under the pee pad and it’s holding at a cozy 97F in the cave. The mat actually warms up most of the bedding area, but the area is so big, it doesn’t hold much heat outside of the cave. Atleast they will have warm toes when they venture out :)

I’ve been very play by ear for this hatch. Cobbled together the brooder yesterday with a big box from aldis and two cooling racks!

I got a seedling germination mat under the pee pad and it’s holding at a cozy 97F in the cave. The mat actually warms up most of the bedding area, but the area is so big, it doesn’t hold much heat outside of the cave. Atleast they will have warm toes when they venture out :)

I’ve been very play by ear for this hatch. Cobbled together the brooder yesterday with a big box from aldis and two cooling racks!
Cool! Are they super fragile right now?

Back
Top Bottom