1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Crooked butt?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Darklingstorm, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Darklingstorm

Darklingstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2011
    Durant, Oklahoma
    My little EE (chocolate by name) has what I can only describe as a crooked butt. Not sure if its a hen or roo yet. Chocolate is 9 weeks old. I've looked chocolate over and there are no mites and to my knowledge no injuries. Got Chocolate at a feed store where I got all the rest and they are fine. Is there something wrong with it or is it just her/him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    It's wry tail. [​IMG]

3. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Looks like a hatch defect. Is the spine twisted at all or just the feathers growing in oddly? I am guessing from the pics that there is a spinal defect like scoliosis.

4. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    ARGH! Sorry. Double post. Computer is wonky this morning.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  5. Darklingstorm

Darklingstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2011
    Durant, Oklahoma
    He/she won't sit still long enough to examine very closely. Heck it took me several days just to be able to get a good picture. If it turns out to be a roo then he will get replaced. If its a hen then I won't be hatching her eggs out. she is my only EE so distinguishing her eggs from the rest will be easy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by