Crooked neck Dominique

gabirder

Songster
7 Years
Feb 23, 2012
I have a McMurray Dominique that is 12 weeks old and has developed a crooked neck. She has no other symptoms. She continues to forage, she comes when I call (I'm my flock's rooster), she eats and drinks. She is not pecked by the other hens. Everything is normal, except he bow in ther neck. It is C-bow to the left side. Her head is still oriented normally. She has no swelling, cuts, abrasions or obvious deformities aside from the bow neck. Any ideas? This occured over night.
hu.gif

This may be a vitamin deficieny, often called wry neck, I believe. You can get supplements for the water. I think vitamin B is what is lacking.

Thanks! I will get both vitamin B and Vitamin E. Heck I'm just going to get a nice multi-vitamin.
wink.png

Was the crooked neck caused by a vitamin deficiency? One of my little 2 1/2 month old chicks has this, and although she's still eating and drinking I am still concerned!

It looks like mine is neurological. I think she had a seizure the other day. I would say it was tonic-clonic. She had a post-dictayl period and all. I was going to put her down, but she recovered and has been fine since. She still has the crooked-neck. None of the rest of the flock is exhibiting any signs or symptoms. I am going to monitor and take action when it is necessary. I am supplementing vitamins in the water and they free-range all day.

Back
Top Bottom