Crooked neck

ascott1978

Songster
11 Years
Apr 4, 2008
Joshua, Tx
Have a Dominique (sp?) chick that is about a week old. Everything was normal until this morning. For some reason it has a crooked neck now. Head is turned in one direction and isn't returning to a normal position.

What could be causing this?

Additional symptoms...

It just started that a while ago today. It also gets to going backwards and can't stop and holds it head down and then it's heads twists around and it does a flip then gets back up and stands there looking with it's head sideways.

I have a black polish roo that started that at three weeks. We figured he fell and hurt his neck. I gave him baby polyvisol vitamins without iron. I also put him in his own little coop with a hen He is now just going to turn 1 year. He still has his crooked neck and walks mainly in circles but he he has a good life. I consider him my special needs chicken lol Just lately he has started to get testy. When I go into his coop to feed he will attack my legs. Of course he does this going in circles so its easy to avoid but I can't believe with all the attention he got growing up that he would try to attack me. lol As long as i can sidestep him I will put up with it.lol

You might try some sort of electrolyte or vitamin supplement.
This will aid them in the healing process.
Be careful with the vitamins,though. (There can be too much of a good thing!)

Try holding her neck straight.

Is she eating/drinking normally?
Are the other chickens messing with her at all?
Is there some sort of stress in the environment?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom