crooked toes getting worse

Bruins

In the Brooder
Jan 26, 2015
Frederick Co, MD
I have a 5 week old Sussex , her feet were fine until a week ago . I noticed one toe looking like it was turning sideways and now it is bent . This morning I see her big toe is also bent and it was not like that yesterday . In the picture you can see where other toes seem to be turning and the one which is definitely bent . Should I try and tape them straight ? Is this something common ? If they don't straighten out with taping will she be in pain ? They were on sand for bedding and now on pine shavings for the last week. She eats and drinks fine .

If they can walk and the those is curled sideways and not inward the chicken leg it almost certain riboflavin (vitamin B2) deficiency, you need to give her extra vitamins.

If they can walk and the those is curled sideways and not inward the chicken leg it almost certain riboflavin (vitamin B2) deficiency, you need to give her extra vitamins.
I have the save a chick electrolyte powder with vitamins is that the right thing or is there something special I need to pick up ?

Look at post number 3 that what I have asked you in the beginning crooked toes or Curled-toe paralysis is something ells.

Back
Top Bottom