crooked toes on one foot

72elizabeth

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Northern FL
I have a Giant Dewlap Toulouse that will be 7weeks old on Tuesday. Two toes on one foot are crooked. Is there anything I can do for it? I have 3 other Dewlap Toulouse that are fine.

Might post a pic so we can see what it looks like but like chickenychicken says maybe too late to correct, but unless it's having difficulty walking I wouldn't worry.

Here's a couple of pix. Also, if I try the Niacin in the water, will the other birds be able to drink it? My guineas and geese all drink out of the same buckets, which are placed in their coops and around the yard.

Here's a couple of pix. Also, if I try the Niacin in the water, will the other birds be able to drink it? My guineas and geese all drink out of the same buckets, which are placed in their coops and around the yard.

I am not sure about Guineas you might ought to ask on that thread. But those toes don't look bad at all .

That's normal, I have a couple of hens with crooked toes too. You could splint her toes but it probably wouldn't work. Her toes will be fine and shouldn't cause a problem.
smile.png

That Toulouse since day one, has kept to it's self. It still keeps to it's self but not as much. It stays with the group most of the time. It's not as heavy as the others. It does eat and drink, but likes to lay down while the others are out and about.

I am not sure about Guineas you might ought to ask on that thread. But those toes don't look bad at all .

OK, I'll find out about the guineas. I know they can drink ACV. What about the other Toulouse, and giving them the Niacin if they don't need it? Also, how do I prevent them from slipping on the rim of the pool?

OK, I'll find out about the guineas. I know they can drink ACV. What about the other Toulouse, and giving them the Niacin if they don't need it? Also, how do I prevent them from slipping on the rim of the pool?
I have kiddie pools too and I placed cut logs around for them to use to get in and they actually launch themselves out on. Other than what someone suggested about using old car mats I really don't know because they chew and nibble on everything so you'd have to be careful what you use.

I don't think it will harm the other geese since it leaves the body via kidneys it's not fat soluble.It's only rec for 10 weeks so they all will only be on it 3 more weeks anyway.

I have kiddie pools too and I placed cut logs around for them to use to get in and they actually launch themselves out on. Other than what someone suggested about using old car mats I really don't know because they chew and nibble on everything so you'd have to be careful what you use.

I don't think it will harm the other geese since it leaves the body via kidneys it's not fat soluble.It's only rec for 10 weeks so they all will only be on it 3 more weeks anyway.

Thank you. I just went outside to check on them and found the one with the crooked toes with a cracked beak (bean). This poor little guy. I have no idea what it got into. It's eating and drinking. I put the niacin in the water. When they first arrived, I gave them the Save a Chick, for the first couple of weeks.I'm really upset about this little guy. I'm going to put some Vetericyn on it.

Thank you. I just went outside to check on them and found the one with the crooked toes with a cracked beak (bean). This poor little guy. I have no idea what it got into. It's eating and drinking. I put the niacin in the water. When they first arrived, I gave them the Save a Chick, for the first couple of weeks.I'm really upset about this little guy. I'm going to put some Vetericyn on it.
How bad is the crack? I'd put some Apple Cider vinegar into a bucket of water it will help to heal and use the Veterycin when putting up to bed for the night so he doesn't wash it off right away. Poor tyke they can get themselves into alot of trouble. so have an ACV bucket of water and a niacin bucket of water. ACV is 1-2 Tab per gallon of water. I used ACV when my gander poked a nice hole in his bill healed up pretty quick.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom