Crop issue?

3na

Chirping
Jun 30, 2022
Good day! I have 6, 2 mos and 12 days Black Australorps, 2 cockerels 3 pullets and one I'm still not sure of. I need help.. What's happening right now is that first one of my cockerels became lethargic, did not eat for the whole day but just kept on drinking water...the thing that I've observed is that their crop is not empty ( this is in the morning when they wake up)....this went on the whole day then after 24 hours is that the cockerel he went back to normal foraging but did not eat feeds yet but now he's back to normal...now another one of my pullets is experiencing the same issue. What I did with my cockerel is letting them drink vitamins/electrolytes and feeding them egg yolk.. I plan on doing the same with my pullet.

I am worried cause I don't want this to happen the rest... by the way I quarantined the lethargic chicks for 48 hours but it still happened. Can someone tell why this is happening? Can someone tell me how to avoid this?

It sounds like sour crop, but I'm not experienced enough to tell you what to do about it.
I'm sure if you did a search for it on this forum you might find some answers.

It sounds like sour crop, but I'm not experienced enough to tell you what to do about it.
I'm sure if you did a search for it on this forum you might find some answers.
Thank you i'll definitely look for it...

How is she doing?
So far she's doing well... I quarantined her for 48 hours... I let her drink an antibiotic/antibacterial mixed in the water and I force fed her raw egg yolk mixed with bit of mash... right now she's back to normal no longer lethargic, eating normally but I'm still letting her drink the antibacterial water, still observing her but she looks like she's back to normal...will post updates again... Thank you so much of asking about her...

Back
Top Bottom