crop/monistat question

redriding

Songster
Aug 31, 2020
british columbia canada
good morning,, i’m still working to help my little ISA brown girl empty her crop. a few weeks ago it started as a hard lump in the morning that i can soften up by frequent massages through out the day. i had a vet out twice who was able to draw a bit of long grass out but not all of it. it seems slightly better but is still partially full feeling and grainy in the morning. my question is, is it ok to treat her for sour crop with monistat even though it doesn’t smell sour or anything ? i’m thinking as more of a preventive measure. could it be something else ... it feels too ‘water balloony’ for doughy crop. i’m not sure where to go from here and would appreciate any feedback/suggestions 🙏

thats a lot of great info, thank you! she is eating, drinking and the most active of the bunch. she’s pooping and laying. the only thing i haven’t tried is the crop bra. she doesn’t have any odour from her beak when i massage her crop and sometimes i feel a little gurgle in there. she’s a busy girl and likes to eat so goes to bed with a very full crop and it does empty some overnight, but theres about a golf ball size left. this morning instead of being hard though it was soft/squishy feeling with what felt like pellets in there. the first 2 weeks it would be hard in the morning but i could work it apart with massage. it doesn’t seem to be compacting so hard anymore so i’m hoping it’s breaking down (i’m pretty sure it’s still grass since that’s what the vet pulled out) but i’m worried it will turn sour. the other girls never get as full as lucy’s or as watery feeling, it doesn’t feel doughy or clay like so i’m really baffled 😟

Back
Top Bottom