Cross beak chick.

Pics
Good luck with your little cross beaked cutie :hugs
Just put my little cross beak to rest. She/he was getting so much worse and she was getting less able to eat her mates were growing a lot and i was monitoring closely. even with mash her/his crop was rarely ful. I know its was the right thing to do for my flock as i dont have an ability to take care of a handicapped Bird.. and so we were swift and merciful And WILL NEVER USE an inferior incubator again. This poor little life. She/he had a good life 4 weeks.. but.. couldnt allow her to suffer . Thank you little Elaine for blessing us with your presence. Im so sorry.

Ack. Just read your account and i had terrible shrink wrapping here i had to assist 4 of the 5 chicks that hatched… one came right out on her own. One of my chicks has cross beak - seems to be getting slightly worse… 2.5 weeks old now.. i massage her head a lot right now … just to get used to handling in that way so that if i have to do trimming later she’s used to me handling her head. Here’s my gal.. Elaine.. half Easter egger, half lavender Orpington. I plan on keeping her unless she begins to be unable to eat properly… She’s VERY friendly. Eats and drinks on her own. Her crop is ALWAYS full… havent had to wet the food down YET, but will keep an extra eye on her as she grows. Xxxx
I’m hoping that this finds you quickly.
I have had much success, when treating at first sign of mis-alignment, using Hyland cell salt #2 to correct cross beak. It wouldn’t hurt to still try, I suggest 4-6 pills per day for @ 2 weeks and see if you see improvement.
I also suggest you add Bioplasma 3xDay with the #2.
If you have anymore questions or need any more support, feel free to message back :)

I’m hoping that this finds you quickly.
I have had much success, when treating at first sign of mis-alignment, using Hyland cell salt #2 to correct cross beak. It wouldn’t hurt to still try, I suggest 4-6 pills per day for @ 2 weeks and see if you see improvement.
I also suggest you add Bioplasma 3xDay with the #2.
If you have anymore questions or need any more support, feel free to message back :)
Hi.. thank you so much for your help! I did get this message too late. they were unable to eat or drink at all on monday… so i culled them. I was sad about it as i had high hopes that they would be a mild case. Not so. It was getting so much worse day by day and so i was quick and merciful and i will never ever ever incubate in an inferior incubator again. Poor soul. I am so grateful that i had her in my life for as long as i did. She is missed.

Hi.. thank you so much for your help! I did get this message too late. they were unable to eat or drink at all on monday… so i culled them. I was sad about it as i had high hopes that they would be a mild case. Not so. It was getting so much worse day by day and so i was quick and merciful and i will never ever ever incubate in an inferior incubator again. Poor soul. I am so grateful that i had her in my life for as long as i did. She is missed.
That is a sad story...
There are many factors that contribute to the quality of a new baby chick.
Please know that all bird species have the potential to develop cross-beak and most birds are not incubated by a machine.
Contrary to one’s beliefs cross-beak is more an issue determined by the quality of the egg. A hen lays many eggs but not all of the eggs are of sound quality. A deficiency in the lime of calcium phosphate, which is a mineral that builds bone & tissue, will/can cause a deformity such as cross-beak. However if you can catch the slight off set beak within 4-6 weeks of hatch, there is a high probability that you can correct this deformity and other bone deformities.
Wishing you the best :)

Back
Top Bottom