Cross beak chick.

I recently got a cross beak too. In a batch of 8 chicks I bought. Not sure if its a boy or girl, but hoping for a girl. She has been doing well eating mash with her siblings.
Her name is Sayori.
There is a Facebook group about crossbeak care too. But I think you already know what youre doing!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221010-160017_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221010-160017_Gallery.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 11
I recently got a cross beak too. In a batch of 8 chicks I bought. Not sure if its a boy or girl, but hoping for a girl. She has been doing well eating mash with her siblings.
Her name is Sayori.
There is a Facebook group about crossbeak care too. But I think you already know what youre doing!
Awww so adorable! Its amazing how resilient they are!

So... Picasso had Spa Day today...
After I was finished scrubbing him real good, I wrapped him up, like always, and bent down to get my hair dryer from under the cabinet. When I stood back up, Picasso was out of the towel, standing with his back to me, head waaay up and wings held out...
Its like he knows the deal now.
He loves the hair dryer. I always start with his bottom, thats why his back was to me.
I keep telling him
"You get better treatment than some of those show chickens, you know".
I know he has no idea what I'm clucking about, but its true...
When I aim the hair dryer on his bottom end, he bends foreward, sometimes I think he is going to go to sleep and fall over on his face...
He is getting better about me having to file his beak..
I file a little bit every time he gets a bath. I figured it would be better than a dremel or clippers. Im afraid I will hurt him.
So, I just use one of those really big, coarse black nail files, possibly for artificial nails...
He is really doing good.
He makes me step back and look at many things alot different than I used to. I need him as much as he needs me.
OH!!
I was worried that he would get too attached to me because I spend a lot of extra time with him and I always get him out first in the mornings. He watches me make his food.
I dont think I have to worry too much about his attachment to me..He does like me a whole lot, LOL...
He also is happy to get the heck away from me and back to his flock...
I wondered if i was doing the right things for Picasso, I'm a little more confident than I was. He seems to be just fine.

I have noticed Picasso may be having some trouble swallowing his "soup", mush...
He has had no weight loss though.
...just being cautious...

(my word for terrified)

....teally not positive he is having trouble swallowing, it just looks that way. Could be the way he looks while swallowing???
Soon to find out I guess.

Back
Top Bottom