Cross beak help. (Graphic photos)

ChucktheChick

Songster
7 Years
Sep 24, 2012
The coop
This poor chick was hatched by my silkie earlier today. She has no eye on the right side of her head and has such a bad cross beak I don't know what to do. We gaver her water, she can drink it. What should we do?

I am so sorry. The kindest thing to do is put her down. She will never be able to eat and will always be hungry. She will not be able to keep herself clean, her feathers in order or to keep the lice/mites at bay. I have tried twice, I will never try with another one, it's not fair to them. If you can't do it yourself, find someone that can, for her sake.
hugs.gif

Oh wow, not sure you can do much. Some where on this forum, a poster massaged there cross beak around the face and held the beak in place and said they saw correction. But I fear if you tried to line that beak up you would seriously hurt the chick or worse. That is so severe I think the chick may starve. You could tube feed it but that would be for its whole life.
I don't want to say it but I feel like I have too...the chick should be culled. Very sorry for saying that but that's what I would do after some real consideration. But what do I know, I'm not holding it... Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom