Cross Breds!

I edited my earlier post to ad a picture of Bandit, my polish, buff orpington cross. Shes turning into quite the layer! But she's totally crazy like her dad- who was sold a year ago he was so crazy! And she is FAST! Reminds me of the road runner!

This is my Roo:

4072153957_d3c2e18040_b.jpg

Dad is a Buff Orpington, and Mom is a White Silkie.

And this is my Hen:

4072152725_dab34aa7db_b.jpg

Dad is a White Silkie, and Mom is a Light Brahma (Wish I could have seen THAT happening....lol)

43490_112.jpg

Reggie roo- not sure what he is.

43490_117.jpg

No name but she's gonna be dinner is she doesn't start laying.

43490_118.jpg

No name- think she's a black copper maran cross???

And I thought I was the only one that enjoyed cross breeding. I just started with chickens this year and do not have my breeding pens all set up yet so I decided to let everyone sleep in the same hen house for the winter. More bodies = more heat.
(with exception of my showgirls)

Anyways...I have hatched some beautiful chicks this summer. Some of them are much more fun looking then pure breeds. I will take some photos tomorrow and post them for all to see.

Thanks for sharing your photos everyone, it is so cool to see what different breedings produce.

I love cross-breeds!

These are two of my sultan/d'Uccle mixes -- from a runty but beautiful white sultan bantam roo and a d'Uccle momma that is either white, porcelain, or mille fleur. The black/white hen was born in April, and the lemon blue roo in June. I still need to name them! I lost a few chicks over the summer, and these are survivors...I really should name them now...they are stunning keepers!

4096939836_b0740cc74b_b.jpg

4096185047_76664d88ee_b.jpg

This is "Redhead" - momma's a silver colored EE and daddy is a French Copper Black Marans as a day-old:

Redheaddayoldb-1.jpg

And again at 3 1/2 weeks:

Redhead-35wks.jpg

Here's my favorite olive egger, Sweetie - I just love her! Same mom & dad as above:

blueOEpullet2.jpg

Here's another favorite olive egger - this is Princess; her momma's a Wheaten Penedesenca, and daddy's a Blue Ameraucana:

Princessoutside.jpg

Back
Top Bottom