cross breeding .

williefrank

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 9, 2012
Wills Point TX
Hey guys, i need some help.i had seen where they cross two certain breeds to come up with a exotic breed. like the show girls, sizzle, etc.i have both of these breeds. my question is,crossing a frizzle rooster with a americana hen.iv'e got 10 chicks like that so far. i need a name. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

easter eggers. any bird that carries posses the blue egg laying gene is an ee

it take a lot more than crossing two breeds to create a new one, if this was the case i would already have my new verity of d'uccle and all the backyard breeders would have created "new" breeds as well if it only required one crossing as you are describing. it takes years of breeding and culling to get what you want as in color, body type/shape, ect, ect and they have to be able to breed true as well. someone else with more knowledge about this will chime in later i'm sure.

Last edited:
how about
frizzicauna (Americauna + Frizzle)
americanizzle (Americauna + Frizzle)
American curly (Americauna + curly feathers)
Texacauna Frizz (Texas + americauna + Frizzle)

easter egger is their name it's not being a smart ***. you asked what to call them and i told you (as they already have a name). if i were a buyer and asked you what their parents were and you said a frizzle and [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ameraucana, i would reply with so they are easter eggers and are supposed to lay colored eggs correct and ask where your ameraucana came from as well to get a better idea of linage. some people don't mind mixed breeds, as i don't mind, but i like to know the lineage and actual names of the birds i get. i am working on finding some out that i just got from an auction. the mixed breeds will go into my mixed flock while my breeders into breeding pens instead. [/FONT]

Hey guys, i need some help.i had seen where they cross two certain breeds to come up with a exotic breed. like the show girls, sizzle, etc.i have both of these breeds. my question is,crossing a frizzle rooster with a americana hen.iv'e got 10 chicks like that so far. i need a name. any help would be appreciated, thanks.
There just a cross bred/ Easter Egger, and there offspring will not breed true.
Also since your stating Americana and not Ameraucana I will assume that you got it from a Hatchery which would make your Americana a Easter Egger also.

Chris

i was asking what a good name would be for it. not my own breed. if your gonna be a smart ***. don't reply
I think you may have misread hdowden's post as I don't see them being a smart ***.

Why give a candy coated name to a cross breed, If your in it for the long hall and you are going to do the years of breeding to get the cross to breed true then worry bout a name 3 or 4 years from now.

Chris

it wasn't about the easter eggers,i understand that part. it was the taking years and having to have certain cross breeds to have a main breed. i don't care about all that ****.i was looking to see if someone could give me ideas to call them. basically as a conversation piece.and thank you allmychickens. for the ideas.

Back
Top Bottom