Cross Breeding

KWSRetMSgt

Songster
10 Years
Mar 18, 2013
Ft Worth TX
You guys all know that animals are wonderful creatures almost any breed of animal in the same species can breed with another.

IE, Duschund and Chihuahua and you get a Chaweenie.

So my question is, cross a Red Sex Link Roo,

with a Buttercup for those who don't know of Buttercups there the two that look alike.

What do you get ............

A Red Sex Link Buttercup, unfortunitly he turned out to be a rooster. Don't know what I'll be doing with him but isn't he a cut devil???

Anyone else have an odd mixing that created some good looking bird, post them lets have a look.

OK everyone have a great weekend, hopefully I'll be over the flu before next week. God Bless Bee good. KWS

you get mutt dogs and chickens
Exactly. There's no such thing as all these "designer breeds", that's just a good marketing term for a mixed breed dog.

Do your buttercup hens have buttercup combs? That cockerel looks to have a straight comb and I'm not familiar with buttercup genetics, but I'd think you wouldn't get a straight comb from that cross.

Exactly. There's no such thing as all these "designer breeds", that's just a good marketing term for a mixed breed dog.

Do your buttercup hens have buttercup combs? That cockerel looks to have a straight comb and I'm not familiar with buttercup genetics, but I'd think you wouldn't get a straight comb from that cross.
I believe they call it a rose comb. But yeah the mixed roo looks a lot like his daddy did except for all the multi coloring.

Back
Top Bottom