Cross Breeds!!!!

Pics
So here are a few of the cross breeds we have.

This is Shyla

no name, but an interesting looking bird.

He has no name, and we likely won't keep him though I really like the totally frizzled look.

This is little lady. She is the smallest bird we have and was half the size of the other chicks since hatch.

This is wacky doo. Not sure where the cresting is from.

A few others from this hatch. I believe it was March 18th.

This is chubby cheeks. My daughters love her.

And here is a few more of this same hatch. The mamas of this hatch are mixed in this photo as well.

I have an 'assortment' pen that kind-of belongs to my son. He has a red bantam Cochin roo, a Barred Rock hen, and a Silkie/RIR hen. I've let my Silkies hatch a few of their eggs in the past, and had some delightful results.
Here are two cockerels from the Cochin X Silkie/RIR:

I've also hatched a Cochin X Barred Rock hen. She's quite pretty!

Last edited:
This is Little Bit, she is a WC Black Polish x d'Anvers mix and a sweet little girl.

I'm not sure if this is Little Bit again when she was younger or if its her full brother Gabe before we rehomed him. Better view of the cheeks and beard.

This is Bandit also known as Cracky. She was pretty nervous as a young bird but has gotten better since she started laying. She is a bantam WC Black Polish X bantam frizzled Cochin. She has the body of a cochin and the legs of a polish. Quite the combo! The second picture is of her brother Tiny Tony so you get and idea of the body.

do you know the breeds that went into making Shyla? She is so pretty!

Thank you. She is my second favorite in the bunch. As far as her breeding, I have a white Cochin that we bred with a buckeye roo last year. From that hatch we got one male that looked similar, but with some barred gold on his hackles. I sort of think this hen might be from the same pairing this spring. The feet are too feathered too be one of the other hens I think, and the only other roo that was in there was a NN/frizzle.

This is Little Bit, she is a WC Black Polish x d'Anvers mix and a sweet little girl. I'm not sure if this is Little Bit again when she was younger or if its her full brother Gabe before we rehomed him. Better view of the cheeks and beard. This is Bandit also known as Cracky. She was pretty nervous as a young bird but has gotten better since she started laying. She is a bantam WC Black Polish X bantam frizzled Cochin. She has the body of a cochin and the legs of a polish. Quite the combo! The second picture is of her brother Tiny Tony so you get and idea of the body.
That crested frizzle is awesome!

Thank you. She is my second favorite in the bunch. As far as her breeding, I have a white Cochin that we bred with a buckeye roo last year. From that hatch we got one male that looked similar, but with some barred gold on his hackles. I sort of think this hen might be from the same pairing this spring. The feet are too feathered too be one of the other hens I think, and the only other roo that was in there was a NN/frizzle.

how interesting, thank you! I have a grey chick that looks just like your Shyla, but has black legs.. feathered legs and toes, small comb I cant tell if its single or something else. the same grey color and darker near the head. I think she must be part cochin :) is the color called lavender? blue?

This was the one I think was daddy. And mama was a plain white Cochin that I picked up at runnings when I bought my very first chickens. I have no idea where the grey or blue or lavender coloring would have come from. I do not have any chickens that are that color with the exception of huge welsummer who has the grey fluff under her feathers. I let all my chickens run together last year so I cannot be sure, but the only roo I had at the time was a big buckeye roo who fathered all my hatches last year except the SBEL and NN that I had shipped in.

There are a few other breeds with feathered legs too. Marans, brahmas, and I think salmon faverolls. ( I know I spelled that incorrectly!). But I have seen Cochins as you described as well.

Back
Top Bottom