cross-legged baby?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by vigibigi, Sep 20, 2012.

1. vigibigi

vigibigi Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2012
    So i wrote a post about a week ago about a little quail of mine who can't seem to walk properly, he'd waddle around on his elbows instead. I was advised to change their food which i did (we were feeding mostly layers pelletts which apparently have way too muchcalcium for them) , and which seeemed to help but a few days after improving he's weakened again and is totally unable to walk. he'll give it a go but just fall over onto his wing.
    He's 4 weeks old, but you'd never guess as he's half the sze of the others. It seems that when he's standing still his legs both point inwards - perhaps he's steping on his own feet hence all the falling over?
    Anyway, if this is the case, is there anything i can do to help him out?? Its not something that troubled him at the very beginning but he doesnt seem to be improving all that much. Any help would be much appreciate, as always. Thanks a lot!

2. GrandmaBird

GrandmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2012
    Colorado
    I think the best thing to do would be to cull him...as hard at it sounds he would be better off. sorry...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by