Cross stich questions

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by ninny, Nov 30, 2009.

1. ninny

ninny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    I heard you could buy software that would turn your pictures into patterns. Where would i find them and any advice on choosing one? I was thinking of turning some of my dads pics into patterns to try and sell. Also do people buy your finished patterns? What would be a good way to market them? Thanks!

2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

It's called PCStitch Cross-stitch Designer. I asked a question about it last week and didn't get any replies. Hopefully you will. You can download a "Trial" version but the trial only lets you look at what the cross-stitch chart would look like. You can't print it nor save it.

3. ninny

ninny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    Thank you!

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

If yu get it, let me know how you like it. I may be interested.

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I've had that software about two years ago and its great! I really enjoyed putting all of my stuff on there and making printouts of pics. It was really neato!

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I think, if you are willing to work with your computer sitting next to you while you stitch you could use the trial version. It gives the DMC color for each of the little squares as well. I just don't have the $39 for it at this time.

7. CONTONHOOTCH

CONTONHOOTCH Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2009
    There is a web-site where you can buy a program called Plastic Canvas Design Studio and I believe it only costs $19.95. It should work for cross-stitch as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by