crossbeak?

I had to put down a mouse once because a dog had bit it's head it was gross. The vet said put it in a small container like a can with a lid and put it in freezer. It was supposed to fall asleep and then get too cold and die I guess. The mouse was pretty out of it by the time it went in freezer. It was very sad.

I just recently put down two cross beaks of my own, I couldn't be selfish and let them suffer the pain, they fell asleep so peacefully...but everybody should do what they feel is right, I kept mine for 3 weeks in hopes they would be happy.

I just recently put down two cross beaks of my own, I couldn't be selfish and let them suffer the pain, they fell asleep so peacefully...but everybody should do what they feel is right, I kept mine for 3 weeks in hopes they would be happy.

I think I'm going to put down my 3 week old chick as well. She's getting worse each day and it just doesn't seem like she'll have much of a life. This will be the 7th of my batch of 15 chicks not to make it. I guess I'll have to toughen up if I'm going to keep chickens.

That's one if my issues. It bothers me when any animal dies so when you raise one from birth it makes it harder, for me at least. And none of the animals I have are for food it's just a hobby.

Well i dont think this is going to end well. My cross-beak has progressed for the worse and it looks to be not getting enough food. No physical signs but her crop doesnt get full and she is always acting hungry. I have a deep trough to try and help it scoop up food but i dont think she will make it. I am going to let her keep going until it is obvious but im a little bummed.

I came across a thread on here not to long ago for' 'disabled' animals. A woman actually tube fed her severe cross beak. And it grew to full size. Don't know if that would be an option for you but I can try to find that thread for you. She's gives full details on what to use and how to do it.

Thanks but no I dont think that will be an option. It sucks but some things just arent suppose to make it i guess. I am going to just see how she does for now. She looks great other than that beak but i surely wont let her suffer. I am hoping she figures it out, She just started kind of worrying me and has been getting food fine except for the last couple of days I noticed her acting hungry all the time.

Are bearded breeds more prone to cross beak? I have a Faverolles chick that just started showing signs of cross beak, and as I read about it, I noticed a lot of the cases involved faverolles or easter eggers. Anyso, is there any way to nip it in the bud? I've read giving them a vitamin D supplement can help.... Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom