Crossroads Show (UPDATED w/ pics/link on pg. 6/post #54)

I am glad I went but also mad I went too. We came home with three dewlap toulouse and a pair of seramas. Gahh!! lol

pips&peeps :

Got Reserve Waterfowl Trio with my sebastopols at Indy!

I guess I must be doing something right..............

Well I guess so!
thumbsup.gif

Congratulations Jean and thanks much for the pair of Sebbies!

Theron I can totally relate!
gig.gif

Thanks for posting those pictures of the show Vicky and letting us see all those lovely birds. Congratulations to all who had a great result
thumbsup.gif

Pete
wink.png

He looks lovely and you must be very pleased with him. I like his type and quilting to the breast feathers - congratulastions
thumbsup.gif

Pete
wink.png

Thanks Pete! He's pretty friendly too. I haven't picked up a gander in a while (besides the toulouse) and I was surprised how lightweight he seems. All that fluff is deceiving!
lol.png

I'm hoping he'll make some nice babies with my smoothe girls. I still don't know what to expect there.

We waited ages to find the right Sebastopols for us and only recently acquired them but did a lot of reserch before. Got lots of information from CottageRose which helped enormously. Now we're showing them for the first time at our National Show this weekend! Its the Smooth breasted which are more common in the UK so we were pleased to find a nice curled female
smile.png

80310_02112011616.jpg

Pete
wink.png

Quote:
There was already a comment about my birds being too big. I know they are right on for size, so thanks for posting about the weight.

Patti Z also thought they were big when we were talking at the show and I told her to pick up my best young gander and she was shocked to find he was mostly fluff. This is what good conditioning and breeding does!!!!!

I hope that boy can get some good curl going in your flock.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom